Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, April 14, 2014

E-mail and Photos

Hola!!  Looks like you guys had a pretty good bike ride in the Park!  My comp from Paraguay could not believe all the snow.  He lives by the Amazon so it makes sense, haha.  He thought the picture was fake though, and didn't really believe it!  Thanks for getting the gel and those nasty sunflower seeds!  I sure do like those nasty things though :)  Gives me something to chew on in the mornings - think I need to hold back on the mate a little bit!!  Wow that is a pretty sweet story about Derrick Wolfley - that is pretty crazy stuff!!  It is awesome how things just "work out" sometimes!  That is pretty cool that Darrin Taylor and his wife are gonna start listening to the missionaries.  I don`t remember too much about them but I do remember them a little bit.  Looks like the work is moving forward there in Star Valley!  Pretty cool stuff.  I really don't remember hearing about anybody getting baptized much when I was growing up - sure didn't happen very often!  Looks like the Ward Mission Leader is doing good or something like that!!  Well we had a pretty good week this week - we were able to put a baptismal date with a new guy we found and we were able to find a couple of miracle kids.  They both happen to speak perfect English.  They are both 22.  One of them showed up to our English class, and since he spoke perfect English, he and I were just talking in the chapel and he started asking questions about the Church and stuff.  I ended up teaching him the first lesson, but man it was tough in English.  I think I butchered it a little bit.  I have never taught it in English, not even in the MTC, so it was a fun experience, but it was good practice cause Sunday another 22 year old kid showed up to church and said he is dating a Mormon and wants to learn more about the church.  That does not happen very often!!  So I ended up teaching him lesson one in English too.  Looks like the Lord is preparing me to go on splits with the missionaries and teach in English when I get home, haha.  Anyway, it was pretty cool meeting these two kids.  They are awesome and really interested.  My comp and I were kind of down cause we had worked really hard this week, but not too much was happening, so it was awesome to be able to see some miracles like that happen with those two boys.  They are exactly alike but have never met each other before.  Good thing we met them the same week, because they will be able to support each other in the church!  So we will see how that comes along!! But other than that is was a pretty normal week here in Chile - the temperature was great so that made it nice!  Just enjoying the good old Chilean life down here!  I hope everyone is doing good!  I love you all!!

Elder Moser

A pic my old comp sent me,
 the doggy snuck into our house!!
 (we accidentally left the door open) 

The Chilean fair! Pretty sketchy!

No comments: