Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, March 18, 2013

E-mail and Photos


Hola!  Well Dad I guess they don't celebrate Saint Patrick's Day here, cause I forgot about it and nobody ever said anything!  So I guess not!  And ya people were pretty excited about the new Pope and everyone asks us what we think about it... EVERYONE haha.. we just kinda say in a nice sort of way that we really don´t care too much.  Everyone here says the world is gonna end cause they say in the Bible there will be a black Pope called, and they say that is him... but I am not so sure about their reasoning there, but oh well!   And the church is the second lot up on the right side of the road, looks like they put another building in there after they took that picture.  And that is where my house is  - it is the first building on the bottom side of that road. And we live with the other elders too, makes it a little funner!  And about watering the grapes, I have no idea, never seen it done haha, do grapes need water???  It has only rained once the whole time that I have been here!!  And the assistants came to visit our zone and they told me about Talon, says he is doing great, and ya he is in city.  That is where estacion central is and where all the poor people go, lots of good stuff happens there so he should be having lots of fun!  That is great you are a veil worker!  I miss going to the temple!  This Saturday we are probably going to go with our ward to do baptisms for the dead with some of the recent converts, so that should be great, and I am pretty excited about that!  Well being here in Chile has started to make me like soccer a little bit more! We play it quite a bit with the zone.  I was terrible at first but now I am not too terrible and it is great exercise too. I am excited to keep playing and get better during the mission!  This week our stake did a mini-MTC for all the youth and then after the class us missionaries went out and worked with them, it was a lot of fun.  I went with a 17 year old recent convert, and he wasn't so sure about the whole mission thing but we had some great experiences that day and he is pretty excited about the whole thing now, it was awesome to see the change in just one day!  But one of the cool experiences we had was we were just walking down the road on the way to an appointment and I looked over and there was a pickup with a Wyoming license plate in the window!!  I got pretty excited about that and the guy was outside so we started taking to him and he said that he lived in Casper and Cheyenne for a while doing janitor work cause the pay is way better in the states.  And we ended up having a good lesson with him, it was awesome, he is in the other missionary's sector, so I won´t be teaching him anymore but it was a cool experience.  I will send a picture of that.  Also Sunday morning our branch president asked if I would be the concluding speaker in sacrament meeting  - he said it will probably be about ten minutes so it wasn't gonna be that big of a deal, but when the other two speakers where 12 year olds that took about a minute and a half each, well that 10 minute talk quickly turned into a 40 minute talk haha.  I didn't think there was any way that I could get up and talk in Spanish for 40 minutes but with some help from the Lord I somehow managed to do it and I was surprised at how good of a talk it was and how good my Spanish was,  I kinda just opened my mouth and words came out haha.  And it sounds like that won´t be the only time I will be giving 40 minute talks here either.  I might try to have one ready every week from now on!!  Well everything is going good for me here.  I hope everyone is doing alright back at home!!  Have a great week!!
Elder Moser


This was a huge old spider that I found in my bed this morning.  I about wanted to cry, you know how big of a girl I am with spiders haha... it is about the size of a silver dollar, and the most poisonous spider in Chile.  That thing can mess you up a little bit, good thing i found it before it got me tonight!!

No comments: