Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, March 25, 2013

E-mail and Photo


Hola!!  Well it looks like Mom and Megan are having a great time in Columbia!!  That is a pretty big temple!!  A lot bigger than the one that we have here!!  I have heard lots of good things about the people from Columbia!  Hope she is having a great time!!  Those are pretty cool stories about those license plates dad.  I will definitely have to swing by his house one of these days while I am in Talagante for my p-day.  He was a great guy, and you are right, probably not a coincidence!!  Man one thing I have learned while I have been in Chile, my spelling of English words is getting worser and worser while I have been learning Spanish!  I am not sure what I am gonna do when I get back and have to write a paper!  That will be interesting!!  Well this week was pretty good here in la Islita!!  We have one kid we are working with alright right now and he came to church for the first time and liked it a lot.  It is looking pretty good for him.  Also it has been great working with the young men.  We made empanadas for mutual this week and we got a lot of non members to come.  A lot of them connected good with a lot of the kids form the ward so that was awesome to see that.  I think mutual here will be a big key for a lot of the young people here.  We also had a pretty big miracle.  In one week our attendance went from 30 to 65!!  Pretty crazy, right!!  It was awesome, our little capilla was packed!! lots of investigators and menos activios, now we just got to keep them there!!  The sad news is in one month we are losing the contract for the church and we will have to go into the lisa to go to church, the capilla was awesome and I am thinking the attendance will go down a lot, but hopefully I am wrong.  People sure do look for excuses here, it is kinda sad!!  But we will keep working hard with them and hopefully we can keep getting them there!!  And about the food, well we do eat with the members every day, and I didn't think it was very much different, but my body thinks otherwise!!  I think that it would be great if you sent me a bottle of fiber pills.  I can't find them here, and I need something!!  I have been kinda suffering the last couple of weeks haha, so if you could send some that would be great!!  Well there is a dog that lives right next to our house and he always likes to rub up against us, and I have been itching the heck out of my legs!!  Looks like Chilean dogs really do have fleas!! man!! But everything else has been great!  Loving it here in my branch!!  Hope everyone is doing great!!
Elder Moser
They gave all the missionaries motorbikes!!! OK not really, but that would be sweet!!  Just a member's.

No comments: