Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, June 10, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola!!!  Well it was a pretty good week this week!!  I was a little lost on where I was last week, but now I get it a little more.  I am here in the city of San Antonio, well out of it just a little bit in a town called Llo Lleo (yo yeo) or something like that haha.  We live about half a mile from the coast it looks like, but the sector we are working in is up on a hill in the other direction.  We walk up and down hills all day long haha.  But it doesn't look like I will be losing too much weight from that though.  The members here definitely make up for it in the food - they give us at least twice as much, if not more, than we got when I was in La Islita.  I feel like I am gonna pop every time we leave a house - doesn't matter if we have a planned lunch or what, they are just always giving us food!!!  Here on the coast the people are pretty poor, and super humble, and they are more receptive here than they were in Santiago, which makes it nice!!  But the Ward here hasn't had a baptism for three years until a couple of weeks before I got here.  I am not sure quite what happened, but things are going pretty good right now.  We have  a super pretty chapel with a view of the mar (sea) so that is pretty cool.  Yesterday I was assigned to give a talk and instead of having 40 minutes to talk like I did in the Islita, they ended up only leaving me about 2 haha, but that was alright - I did not mind too much!!   My comp is a pretty quiet kid, but he is a great missionary, and he is a great teacher.  I have learned a lot more from him in a week than I learned in my last 4 changes!!  He definitely likes to work hard!  He is the only member in his family and he has not heard from his parents since he started his mission.  I felt pretty bad when he told me that, but he is definitely focused on the work, which makes it really nice.  I am excited to be with him here, but if you ever send me a package or anything, make sure you put a little extra of whatever in it!!  Well, this morning we got up early and as a zone headed to the beach!!  Missionaries are not allowed to go during the summer - too much temptation haha, but during the winter it is fine to go, so that was pretty cool.  It was really pretty, there are lots of rocks, but it is cool seeing the waves come in on them.  It is a little different being in a new zone because I don't really know anyone here, but there are some pretty cool elders here so it should be fun.  Looks like a pretty sweet hike you and Mom did!!  Looks really green there right now!  I hope you are enjoying the summer there!!  The weather has been pretty nice here, lots of sun!!  Here on the coast it does not get as cold so that should be nice, and it does not rain as much either, so it should be a pretty good winter! and wow! Cayden is looking super old!!!  Before he knows it he is gonna be down here on his mission too!  Well, I hope everyone is doing great!!  I am working on sending pictures right now so I hope they get there.  Have a great week!!!

Elder  Moser




No comments: