Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, June 24, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola!!  Man!!  Looks like you guys had a pretty sweet week this week!  All the littlest ones look way different from what I remembered!  I hardly recognized Nathan! and the other little ones look way older too!  And nice shirts mom, haha, those are pretty sweet.  Shoot, it looks like you guys were able to catch some fish this year at Murphy since I wasn't there to get them all first - enjoy it - they will be all gone again in a couple years. And Gracie is already 8?  I still thought she was 6 or something haha.  I feel like I have only been on the mission for a couple months, but I guess it has been a little bit of time now.  Everybody is growing up! and Cayden is taller than me now??!!  a donde!!  That is pretty crazy! now I will have someone to wrestle with that is my same size!  That is pretty crazy!!  It was great to see all the photos of everyone!  Made me a little trunky but I am doing  pretty good over here!!  This week was a pretty dang good week.  It was super cold though - it is pretty humid here in the winters so that makes the cold worse.  I have three big blankets but I still freeze at night.  I feel like I am camping in the middle of winter in Star Valley when I go to bed every night, but I did buy some rice and made some rice bags though, and that made things a little bit nicer!  Hopefully it starts raining a little bit here soon so it isn't so cold at nights!  This week we were able to see a couple pretty cool miracles happen.  We are teaching a lady that her husband doesn't really want anything to do with us but she is super interested, and this week she said she couldn't come to Church because her husband was gonna be home at that time and she had to cook and stuff for him.  After she hung up the phone we said a prayer, and three minutes later she called us back and said her husband's boss just called and changed his work schedule and so she was able to come with us this week!  It was pretty cool, something really simple, but definitely showed me the Lord has his hand in it all and is preparing the way for the work!  I was able to go see the broadcast last night and I thought it was super awesome!! learned a lot from it, and it sounds like there is gonna be some pretty cool changes happening.  The only problem was, there were only about 20 people from the stake there, and 0 from my ward, so hopefully we can get them to watch it and start applying some of the stuff.  If our ward here could get united with us missionaries better, the work would really do great here, so we are gonna work with them a lot here this next while - they want to work just don't really know what to do! Anyways, it was a pretty great week all in all - missed the family a little bit, but I am loving it here so it makes up for it!  Yesterday was my comps birthday so we had a surprise party for him at the house last night, it was pretty cool!!  He started crying a little cause he told us that was the first cake that he had ever been given in his life.  His family never had too much money and never really celebrated anything.  I have definitely learned a lot from this kid.  It is crazy how blessed I have been in my life.  I have realized that a lot the last couple weeks! I hope everyone is doing great and has a great week!!  And catch some big fish for me Landon!  It is all you buddy!! 
I love and miss you all,

Elder Moser









No comments: