Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, July 1, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola!!  Well it was another great week here in Chile!  It wasn't as cold this week - it was actually super nice, and I slept a little bit warmer too, so that  was pretty nice!  It looks like Landon did pretty dang good catchin all the fish there at Brooks Lake!  Looks like I am missing out on a pretty good fishing year this year!!  And that was a funny story about the drive up window haha,  I  hope he liked his National Park!  And that is sweet about the triathlon that Megan's family did!  Looks pretty stinkin fun!  I have definitely gotten way out of shape here.  I have been with 2 Peruvians and they sure do not like to run very much haha, but hopefully I can get someone to go with me in the mornings  here soon.  There is some sweet places to run here on the coast. I need to enjoy it while I am here!  Tomorrow we are going to get the chance to meet the new president of the mission, so I am pretty excited about that.  It should be pretty fun.  He seems like a  pretty good guy.  I'm not too worried about the change.  President King was great, but I am excited to learn from the new president.  It is crazy how much we learn from the president on the mission - that has been something pretty awesome for me, 
   Here in our sector is a pretty big statue of Christ on the cross overlooking the ocean and we went over to that this week - it was pretty cool.  There is a pathway that goes up this hill that kinda tells the story of the last day of Christ's life, with a bunch of statues and stuff.  I think it is made by the Catholic Church.  It was  pretty sweet, and the view from there was awesome.  There is a river right there that we could see up a ways and it was super pretty.  
    And Dad for my  birthday, well a box of chocolate cake mix to make "better than Book of Mormon" cake would be awesome!  They have everything else here just not the cake mix.  I can only find it in Santiago, so that would be awesome!  
     Well, sorry this letter is so short, but we  are heading off to the beach after this to go play some soccer with some young men from the ward so I don't have a ton of time, but I hope everyone is doing great! Have a great week!  Thanks for the pictures dad!

Elder Moser







No comments: