Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, July 8, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola!!  Well, this week really was a pretty awesome week!  We had lots of pretty cool stuff happen, and it started out with a awesome p-day last week.  Last week I said that I had to hurry because we were going to the beach with some of the young men from our ward, and anyway we ended up going to a pretty sweet beach.  Definitely the best p-day I have had on the mission by far.  We went with four young men and one of their moms who is a recent convert.  We were celebrating the 18th birthday of one of them.  The one that had his birthday and his brother who is 16 are having a pretty rough time right now cause there mom is dying of cancer and their dad left them when their mom got diagnosed with cancer.  It has been pretty rough on them but they are two awesome kids, and super strong in the gospel.  It is crazy to watch the 18 year old take care of everything in the house and stuff.  He really has stepped up to his responsibilities as the man of the house.  Sunday he gave his testimony and I am pretty sure there were not any dry eyes in the chapel.  It was one of the best fast and testimony meetings I have ever been in.  It was awesome to hear his testimony and how well he understands the gospel and the plan of salvation and stuff.  Their mom can't get out of bed anymore and is expected to die this week, so the ward has really been helping out.  They are a really strong ward family here, it is sweet to see how the gospel can bring people together like that.  Anyway, this Sunday was also awesome cause we had several inactive members come that hadn't been to church in years and we had a few investigators there too and they were all able to feel the spirit super strong.  They are all looking pretty good for coming back next week.  Anyways, it was an awesome Sunday.  But anyway, last Monday we were able to play soccer on the beach and just relax and talk to the young men and stuff, and it was great for everyone.  I have become pretty good friends with the one that turned 18, Benjamin, but it looks like they are gonna have to move as soon as their mom passes away.  I will sure miss them a lot, they help out a lot with the work here too. 
Looks like you and Mom had a pretty good hike this week!  Looks super pretty up there! You will have to show me that one when I get back!  Hey, Happy Birthday to Rosie and Halle this past week!  I hope you guys had great birthdays!!  And thanks for the birthday wishes this week!  I am sure it will be a great one!  Really wouldn't want to do anything else than what I am doing right now!  Maybe a 4 wheeler ride, but hey I can wait a little for that, haha.  
The weather here has been super nice.  We did get a little rain this week, but it has been pretty warm the whole time! not too bad!  It is perfect for doing missionary work!  I even got to celebrate the 4th of July a little bit.  When we walked into one of the member's house that invited us over, they had out a big American flag and were playing the national anthem and had some Lays chips and Coke setting out for me haha, so that was pretty cool, made me want to set off some fireworks, but I probably should wait for that one!  I don't think that those are very legal here! 
Well, this week we find out about changes!  It feels like I just got here, changes go by way fast!  I am hoping to stay with my comp a little bit longer, we are really dominating it here right now and have started to become pretty good friends.  I want to be able to get to know him a little better.  He doesn't open up very much, but has started to lately, so it has been fun to learn more about him.  He is a great kid!
I hope you all have a great week this week!!
Love

Elder Moser













No comments: