Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

E-mail and Photos

July 22, 2013

Hola!!  Well it was a pretty sweet week here in Llo Lleo!!  I am loving my new comp.  We get a long way good and I had better numbers than I did all of last change.  We are doing pretty dang good here!  I am guessing we will be together for two changes so I am pretty pumped for that.  We have tons of similarities and are at about the same level with our Spanish.  His mom is from Chile so he got a head start haha, but we work really good together, and we are getting to know the members a lot better too, and that definitely helps a lot!!  We have become really good friends with our ward mission leader over the last few weeks, which is awesome cause now he calls us to go out and work with us and stuff.  He is a single guy that lives alone and gets off work at 4:30 so we have been putting him to work!!  And he is related to half of Llo Lleo too, which makes things easy.  Every person he talks to is his cousin!  His dad has 16 brothers and sisters and he has 13 and they all live in this area haha.  It is pretty sweet!  Yesterday, we decided to head out into the campo a little bit, it is called San Juan, and it is a little town a little outside of Llo Lloe on the inland side of the river - you could probably find it on the map.  We had a couple of scares with dogs though.  My comp almost got attacked by three German Shepherds, and I, being from Wyoming decided to use the bathroom alongside the road.  There weren't any houses or any people around so I thought it would be alright, but I guess it was not!  I was doing my business alongside a row of bushes, and a dog sneaked up on me cause I couldn't see it through the bushes. Anyway, to get to the point, he jumped at me and almost made Elder Moser into Sister Moser!!!  It was a close call.  I think someone was there pulling me back or something. I have never moved that fast in my life!  My comp got a good laugh out of that one haha..      Anyway today we went for two hours in a bus over to a beach called Tonquen or something like that.  It was super pretty and we were able to play some soccer and explore a little bit.  I will try to send a few pics of that... it kinda killed our p-day though - it was a long way over there!!  But I think it was worth the drive! 
This week we were in a lesson reading 2 Nephi 31 with a lady and it was supper cool.  Right when we finished and explained a little bit we paused and she was like.. well... now I know this is the right church.  When can I get baptized??  so that was pretty sweet, the spirit definitely works pretty dang good!!!
Well, I am doing great out here, lovin life!  Hope everyone is doing good!!!!!  I am glad you guys were able to find the cave - we will have to go there for sure!!  Looks pretty sweet!!  Have a great week this week!!  Oh, and I did get the pen - it is awesome!!!  Thanks a ton for that!!!  Thanks for all the pics also - it was great to see them all!

Elder Moser








No comments: