Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, July 15, 2013

E-mail and photos

Hola everyone!!  Wow, this week was a great week and some pretty big changes happened in my mission life!  But thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!!  I ended up having a great birthday here in Chile!!  And I did get Grandma's email - thanks Grandma!! :) Man, it looks like Derek has got Ryan on the right path with the fireworks thing - way to go Derek :) and slick jeep!! :)  I was sad to hear about what happened with Bishop.  I will be sure to keep him in my prayers.  We have a member going through the same thing right now and it ain't easy, that is for sure.  I hope everything goes alright there! 
   Well last week was my last week with Elder Haumani.  He was a great comp and I learned a lot with him.  He will be an awesome missionary.  This week the members and other missionaries definitely took care of me for my birthday!!  All in all, I was given 4 cakes, haha.  I think I gained a couple pounds this weekend.  One cake from the district, one from my ward mission leader, one from Elder Reyes and Keddington, the Elders we live with, and one from a family in the ward - lots of good cake!!  I have some pictures of some of them that I will send!  I am gonna have to go on a diet this week!!  Oh, and thanks a ton for the package Dad!! Jerky and Reeces M&Ms, dang, you know me pretty good I guess or got lucky or something!!  But shoot, you hit that right on the dot.  I got it this week so it was perfect for my birthday.  It definitely was not too hard to be away.  I felt right at home here.  And thanks for the pics too!  Too bad you did not find the cave!  I wanna go to that too so you better find it before I get there :) 
   Well today was the change meeting.  We just barely got back from Santiago.  I got put with another gringo!!!!!! :)  I don´t know, I just have  a little more fun with the gringos haha.  I have more fun in English I guess.. but anyway his name is Elder Buchannon, from Gilbert, Arizona.  He is an awesome kid and we are gonna have lots of fun here, I can already tell.  I am super pumped to work with him here.  His mom is Chilean, but he didn't speak Spanish before the mission, but he speaks good - really cool kid.
   Yesterday we were working and I got a call from the assistants, and they said they were putting me as district leader, so starting today I am district leader of a group of missionaries here on the coast.  Should be pretty fun!  Looking forward to getting to know some of the other Elders a little bit better and working with them!  Today the change conference was huge and they changed pretty much the whole mission, lots of changes!  But I am really excited for my next couple of changes here in Llo Lleo.  Looking forward to it a lot.  This change I will hit my one year mark, stinkin crazy!! 
Well, I hope everyone is doing good!  It was great to hear from you all!!

Elder  Moser










No comments: