Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, July 29, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola! Well it was a pretty dang good week in Chile!  I am really enjoying the mission now!  I am definitely getting to the point where Spanish really is not a factor, like speaking Spanish ain't really a big deal now so that is pretty nice!  I have been waiting a long time for that moment, haha, so I am pretty happy about that!  Man things are just going pretty good right now here for me in the mission.  I am really liking my new comp -  he is an awesome kid!  We are becoming pretty good friends now.  We don't have very much time together but I will be super sad when I have to leave this kid!  I haven't had this much success my whole mission.  We are pretty much dominating it out here in Llo Lleo, haha.  We have really just been relying on the Spirit and it has been helping for sure!!  Yesterday we were just finishing writing down our numbers for the week, and we were super surprised.  We really just put everything aside this week and just worked as hard as we could and it was great.  I definitely learned how I need to be working every week on my mission!  So anyways, I am doing great here.  Thanks a ton for the package Dad!  It was great!  I will not run out of cake and chocolate for a while now :) One of the young men in our ward is having a birthday this week so we are gonna make a "Better than Book of Mormon" cake for that - should be pretty good, a little taste from the States!
Me and my comp started a workout program this week, so that has been pretty sweet.  I have been pretty sore, but I think we are gonna be pretty ripped here in a while, haha.. It has been great just having a comp that I can have lots of fun with - just feel like I am working harder and enjoying this mission a lot more now.  I hope I can keep it up like this for the next half of the mission!
I did not take a whole bunch of pictures this week, but one of them is from this week with Elder Buckhannon and Elder Reyes, just having fun in the pension haha,  And the other one is from today making guacamole!  It actually turned out pretty good!  Super stuffed right now!  Palta (avocado) is pretty cheap down here right now so we are taking advantage of that! 
Yesterday we went to San Juan again which is the campo just outside of the town where I almost turned into Sister Moser.  This time a dog ran towards me and jumped up on me.  I was pretty scared at that moment but he just gave me a big old kiss instead!  Turned out to be a pretty good contact with his owner.  The people are really tranquillo out there so it makes contacting and finding new investigators pretty easy.  A couple guys invited us in and then they started drinking and singing gospel songs, haha. I didn't think they were ever gonna let us leave, they liked showing  their voices to the gringos haha.. but we finally got out of there and ended up having a really good day there in San Juan! 
Anyways, everything is going great here!  We have got a few baptisms planned for the next couple of weeks so hopefully all those go through! 
Man, when I saw the pictures of Ryan I did not recognize him at all!  He looks way different!  Nathan too!  They are growing up a bunch!  Pretty crazy!  Looks like everyone is doing good back home!  Looks like you guys had a pretty sweet hike this week Mom and Dad!  Man, that was ten years ago when you hiked Wyoming Peak!?  That went by so fast!  I remember you doing that and it seems like it was way more recent than that!  I hope everything goes great for you up on Cabin Creek!!!  Happy 60th birthday!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it is a great one!  You should feel pretty good!  Here in Chile people look a lot older when they hit 60, haha.  Doing pretty good Dad!  Have a great birthday!  I hope everyone has a great week this week!!

Elder Moser


No comments: