Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, August 5, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Well, it was another great week here in Llo Lleo!  I am loving being here on the coast a ton! And it looks like the weather in Colorado is a lot worse than here in Chile!!  This week the weather was great!  Like it never got too cold.  Me and my comp bought some sweet new sweaters so we have just been using those a lot - not even a jacket or anything, pretty dang nice for winter!!
That was great to hear about Gracie's baptism!!  Crazy that she is already 8 - that went super fast!  And that Hannah is in Young Womens??  Wow!!  I still feel like I should be in the Deacons Quorum! haha.  And man I don't know what I am gonna do when I get home.  I really can't spell anymore!!  Spanish has messed my English up a ton!  I am gonna have to take some basic spelling classes I guess!! 
Ward Mission Leader huh!!  That is what I'm talking about!  Wow, that is crazy that you were in Young Mens for 6 and a half years!  That went by way fast too!  Feels like just 2 or 3!  But that is awesome about the Ward Mission Leader..  I didn't really realize the importance of one of those until I got here to Llo Lleo.  Our Ward Mission Leader actually works a lot with us and that makes life so much easier!  It really does make all the difference!  At least in this part of the world!  And I am sure it is just as important there!  That will be great to see you working as Ward Mission Leader haha.
That is too bad you guys weren't able to do your hike on your birthday!  I was telling my comp that my parents are climbing a big mountain for my Dad's 60th birthday, and I think he got a little worried about you, haha.  I guess you guys ain't the normal 60 year-olds!  which is a good thing! :)
Man that is too bad about Megan!  That has got to stink a little bit!  I hope everything is going good now though!  Looked pretty good in the pic!  Doesn't look like you just had surgery!!  But I hope you are good now!!
Well, as far as the missionary work this week everything was really good!  Me and my comp are still working super good together and seeing lots of success!  We have a baptism this Sunday, so I hope that all goes good!  Should be sweet!  And we have been able to put dates with a lot of other people.  As a district this week, it was crazy, we went from having 3 as a district to 14! That is how the whole Mission has been doing!  We had a meeting with President about a new way to teach the first lesson and well, I guess it works haha.  The Mission is doing awesome right now!  So that is pretty sweet to see!  Hopefully everybody goes through!
Yesterday we went with our ward Mission Leader to give his dad a blessing.  He lives way out in the campo in our sector, and he takes care of this big mansion that some rich guy owns - he even has his own private Catholic Church there, haha.  It was pretty sweet!  I will send some pics of it!  It was really pretty. It is weird going from the average Chilean house into one of those.  It really is not anything too special compared to an American house, but for here it is just weird!!  But that was really cool to see and we were able to talk to his dad and a lot of his family about the church and stuff.  He is the only member in his family of 15 brothers and sisters, or something like that!  So he has got a lot of work to do with them haha..
Well today for p-day I think that we are gonna go head to the beach and just have a nice relaxing day!  It is nice and warm today so it should be pretty fun! 
I hope everyone is doing great back home!  Thanks for all the prayers!  They are definitely helping :) 
Les quiero mucho!  Tengan una buena semana!! :)

Elder Moser 

 New Sweaters

Lili, recent convert 

 Mansion




 Private Catholic Church at Mansion



No comments: