Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, October 12, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola!  Come esta mi familia!?  Sorry about not writing more last week, we just really never had the time.  Thanks for sending the pictures and stuff again - it is always good to see what you guys are up to!  It looks super pretty over there with the leaves changing and the snow on the mountains and stuff.  I definitely miss Wyoming!  This week I had to go way out into the country to a couple of houses that are out there - it is about an hour from the nearest big town and everything reminds me a ton of Star Valley - it is pretty crazy.  It is the same place where I sent the pic of the mountain I said that looked like Star Valley.  I always like driving out there - makes me feel at home again! Man, I can't believe the pictures of Cayden!  He looks so much older now!  Crazy stuff! Man, he is gonna be heading off for his mission before we know it! 
     Well it has been one crazy week for me here in the office.  It was lots of fun but it was pretty tough too.  I had to take a lot of people to their areas that were white washing, or opening a new sector, and I had to finish filling all the houses that we have gotten recently.  And then two nights this week, in the middle of the night, President made some special changes and I didn't get home until 3:30 in the morning from those and we had to be up by 5:30 to get to some meetings and stuff.  So that has been the hardest part this week.  I have just been super tired!  It has been kinda weird lately.  There have been a lot of people robbing the missionaries and trying to break into houses and stuff, so President just wanted out of the areas. 
     My new companion in the office is Elder Caballero.  He is from Paraguay.  That was a huge surprise cause he is the first Latin we have ever had in the office.  So it has been interesting with him, because we only speak English in the office cause the senior couples, and he doesn't speak any English, so that has been kinda tough for him, but I am sure he will learn it though!!  He also can't drive so that is gonna be interesting, cause that is kinda all we do as a pensionist, haha.  So I am not exactly sure how that is gonna work out!  But he is a great kid!  He is really nice and a hard worker.  He has already been to a couple years of law school so he does know a lot about contracts and stuff which is good!  It is kinda funny though, he is like a Latin Travis Clark, looks a lot like him and acts just like him, haha.  He is always going around singing and stuff.  Just feels like I got Travis as my comp!  It will be good to practice my Spanish and keep that up a little bit - last change I barely spoke any Spanish and it was already goin down hill a little bit. So I am excited to improve that a little bit! 
    But everything else is goin pretty good!  Gettin used to drivin in Santiago a little bit more, it is crazy, but lots of fun.
    It is kinda interesting cause one of my jobs is deciding which sectors to open for the next change - kinda thought that was President's job, haha - but that has been good.  One thing that I have learned in the office a lot that I didn't really think I would be learning is how to recognize and follow the Spirit.  Over the last 7 weeks, I think I have improved more in that than I have in my whole life, I think. President completely trusts me on which houses to get and which sectors to open and stuff.  I don't even show him pictures of the house or tell him anything about it.  He just tells me to do what I think is best, so that has helped me a lot with following the Spirit.  It sounds weird, but I guess that is the way I needed to learn how to be able to recognize the Spirit and stuff.  The Lord definitely helps out and is guiding his mission work!
     Well I hope everything is going good for everyone back home!  Have a great week this week! 
Les quiro mucho,

Elder  Moser


 SNOW!!!!!!!


Tallest building in South America. 

 Driving in the coast.

No comments: