Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, September 28, 2013

E-mail

Hola!  Wow, Dad those are some pretty sweet pictures you took this last week!!  I am impressed!  The ones in Bedford with the snow on the mountains are super sweet.  Those should go in a magazine or calendar or something, haha..  Looks like you guys had a pretty awesome week this week with everything!  Speaking of snow, last week for p-day we went up to the Andes like I said we were going to do and we were able to run into some snow so that was pretty fun.  Made me kinda trunky to go skiing though!!  It made me realize how much I missed having fun in the snow!!  But it was a great p-day, and we were able to go with the President's son again so we had lots of fun.  The Mexicans were pretty excited to see snow for the first time!  And you went GOLFING????  Never thought I would hear you say that one!  How did you do?  You gonna switch over from hiking to golfing now?? :) 
 Well everything is doing pretty good down here in Chile.  Just been super busy signing housing contracts all over Santiago and getting all the houses ready and stuff.  I was able to go out to the coast yesterday and look at some more houses and everything is looking good out there!  It is getting a lot warmer down here now, looks like summer is coming on pretty good now! 
 Looks like you went to town bottling fruit again Mom!  A couple of weeks ago a lady gave us some bottled membrios.  It is a fruit that is native to Chile I guess.  It is kinda like a lemon mixed with an apple. Sounds weird but that is about the closest I can explain it, anyway, we walked into her house and she had a ton of bottles out bottling fruit - just reminded me a lot of all the stuff that you do. 
 Oh, kind of a cool story that happened yesterday when I was on the coast.  I was working on a contract with a guy and he is a member of the church and we started talking about missions and stuff and he said that he served his mission here in Chile. He said he was one of the first Elders that came into the Chile Santiago West Mission when it opened, and anyway I remembered you saying something about Kirk Hoopes doing the same thing, so I asked if he knew an Elder Hoopes from his mission and he said that he did!  He said he served in the same zone one time or something like that!  I thought that was pretty interesting!  It really is a small world in the church!!  His name is José Gajardo.
Well I am still doing great and loving the mission.  I am still learning a ton every day.  It has been a really good experience for me this last month or so.  I am glad I have been able to do this!
I hope everyone is doing good back home, Feliz Cumpleaños Cameron!  Can't believe your 12!!
Have a great week this week!

Elder Moser

No comments: