Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, September 7, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola!!  Ya, sorry about not sending a short email earlier in the week last week.  I kinda forgot to do that, haha.. And the Sister Lewis that you got the pictures from is one of the  married couples that are serving here.  Here in the office there are 8 of us.  4 missionaries and 2 married couples.  The Lewis' are from Pocatello - Elder Lewis served his mission here in Chile a long time ago and then the other couple is the Bertagna's.  They just arrived here a week before I got to the office, and they don't speak a lick of Spanish, so it has been kinda fun watching them, haha.  There aren't too many jobs a person can do here without Spanish.  I think they just write their family all day long, haha.  But they are both really awesome and I have made pretty good friends with them. It has definitely been a huge change for me here in the office, but I have gotten used to it a lot though.  We still have not had the time to go out to our sector yet, but we should be able to tonight.  It has just been super crazy the last two weeks, and we still have a ton to do.  There are a bunch of new missionaries coming in next change - a bigger group than has ever come in before, so there is a lot to prepare for!!  But like you said dad, we are trying to schedule some time in to go out and work - I miss that part of it quite a bit!!  I live in an apartment complex with the other three office elders - it is about a 5 minute walk, so that has been nice being that close..  Here in the office we do only eat with members on Sunday, so that has been a weird change.  I am used to eating with them every day!  So I have eaten a lot of fast food lately - good thing KFC has some pretty good salads, haha..  This week I also learned how to drive stick, haha...  The first time was pretty sketchy - the Plaza de Maipu is not the best place to learn, but I am sure I learned faster that way!  Lots of honking at me, haha..  But now I pretty much got the handle on it - makes driving pretty fun :)  Yesterday we got to go to the President's house for a big leadership council - that was a pretty cool experience.  He lives in a super nice house over in the east side of Santiago.  I feel like I went back to America when I went over there - it was weird!  I just got the picture of all the girls in Salt Lake - looks pretty fun!!  Looks like the same picture they have taken for the last ten years, haha..   You're gonna have quite the collection of those!  And thanks for sending the package!  I am looking forward to it!  We do get mail faster here, cause we get it right when it comes in, so that is nice..  Well thanks for the email and pictures and stuff dad, it was great to see all the family pics.  I hope everyone is doing great!!  Have a good week this week!

Elder Moser
Visit back to the coast.




 Apalonia's Baptism!! :)
This lady was the first door I knocked in Llo Lleo.. 
I was pretty excited to see her baptism!! :)

No comments: