Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Sunday, September 1, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hey!!!!  Sorry about not getting a letter earlier on in the week this week!  It has been a crazy week, and the busiest week of my mission for sure!  A lot has happened this week!  Saturday night last week I got a call from the zone leaders and they said I was leaving my sector.  I was kinda confused because I had not been there very long at all, but anyway, about half hour later I got a call from President.  He told me that I was being called to serve in the office as the pensionist of the mission!!  I really did not understand what that meant at the time, but now I get it, haha.  So anyway I came into the office and started working on Monday!  My comp is Elder Stewert, and I have been friends with him for a while.  He is training me right now as the pensionist and then next change he will leave and I will be on my own.  I know it sounds kinda nerdy but it is sweet!!  My mission changed a lot for sure though.  Went from full time preaching to full time real estate agent for the church, slash repair man.  Right now with the huge rush of missionaries it is super crazy.  We have been opening up a lot of sectors, so that means getting a lot more houses.  I do everything - go search for the house, write contracts and sign them, get the house all set up, agree on pricing, and pay the people that own the house.  Never thought the church would trust a twenty year old kid with so much money and responsibility like that, haha.  President does not look at the houses or anything, so it is all me and Elder Stewert right now, haha.  So anyway I pretty much have a full time job right now.  We have not been to our sector to do missionary work once yet, and probably won't.   We have to find about 14 houses to rent in the next 5 weeks - it is gonna be crazy!  But I am loving it a lot.  It is super fun what we do, and we are also in charge of maintaining the 60 houses that we already have in the mission.  President said that since I was from Wyoming I probably knew how to fix stuff, haha,  I sure hope so!  We will see!!  I am also in charge of putting all the numbers together from the mission and making power points for the assistants with those and also of all referencias in the mission.  We come into the office at about 10 every day and we get home usually after 11:30 at night.  This week has been super crazy because of the changes and stuff so it should slow down a little, but we still have a lot of work to do!  But the cool part of all this is I get to drive!!!  I am pretty excited for that.  Shoulda taught me how to drive a stick though Dad, haha.  Maybe should of bought that Camero a few years ago :) haha.  But looks like I am just gonna have to learn here, haha..  So anyway my mission has changed a whole bunch for the next 6 months - completely different focus now!  It has been weird but I am kinda getting used to it.  It should be pretty fun!! Also it has some perks working in the same place as President.  We had an interview last week on the coast, but then I got transferred to the office.  But President gave me permission to go out to it today, so that is gonna be awesome! we are leaving here in just a bit to go out for that - pretty excited!  Man, looks like you guys had a sweet hike this week!!  That is awesome!  You guys are gonna have to take me back to all of these places when I get back!!  That is awesome Megan got some new exchange students!! That should be a lot of fun!!  And Tyler Jenkins home from his mission????  When I first read that I wondered why he came home early!!!  Man that went by so fast!!  Crazy stuff!!!  Well, I got to get going!!  I did get your email after you resent it.  I am not sure what happened the first time..  But I hope everyone is doing great!!!  Have a great week this week!!! 

Elder Moser








Ward Mission Leader family 

 Josefina and sister and cousin


Grandma Gatica 

Family Soto 

Family Castro 

My new job in the office!!!
Hey, so, I am not sure if I mentioned it but my p-day
 is on Saturdays now that I am in the office!

No comments: