Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, January 25, 2014

E-mail and photo

Hola!  Man, that weather forecast is getting to be pretty much the same thing every week!  Sure feels the same every day too!  Hot and dry!  But I have been enjoying it lately.  We will see if I still enjoy it when I start proselytizing again!  Sounds like I will be out in the real missionary world here in two or three weeks - pretty excited actually!  Today for p-day we actually did something kinda different.  President has been having a big meeting with all the zones just teaching how we should be teaching and all that stuff, and me and my comp hadn't been able to go to one yet, so that is what we did for our p-day.  He had one with some of the zones in the city, and it turned out to be pretty good.  That got me pretty excited to go out and get teaching again.  At first I was kinda bummed to sit in a meeting all day for p-day, but turned out to be really good and I learned a lot from it, so it was a pretty good p-day activity!  Then we finished the day taking a nap.  Got back pretty dang late last night again so it was nice to get caught up again.  Tonight we are gonna clean the font and get everything ready for the baptism we have tomorrow!  Pretty excited for that one!  Abraham has been such a great investigator - a huge blessing for us!  It has been pretty cool cause the ward we are in right now only has had 2 baptisms in like the last three years.  It has been pretty dead, but starting this week, we are gonna have 6 baptisms in the next 3 weeks!  The ward has started to work a little bit more, getting a little more excited.  It has been pretty cool to see it a happen a little bit :)
      That is a pretty sweet pic with Landon in the hockey gear - bet he is getting pretty good!!  Is he still playing goalie like he was a while ago?  Or is he all over the place?  It sounds like the missionary work is going pretty good up there in the Bedford Ward -  good ward mission leader I guess!  haha.  That is important that is for sure!
      They actually have one of the new ones in Spanish already! (Temple films)  I have not seen it yet, but the ones that have are pretty impressed with it!  Hopefully I will be able to get to the temple sometime soon.  I do miss that a lot - I am excited to get to be able to go again!
      Hey Rosie!!  I got your package!  It came in this week and I enjoyed it a lot!  It is always good to have some good chocolate from the States!  Thanks a bunch for that! :) 
Man, I am jealous that you guys got to go skiing!!  Me and my good buddy that is in the office probably make ourselves a little more trunky than we need to talking about skiing and camping and all that fun stuff, haha.  I just hope it is a good snow year next year!  Cause I am gonna be ready to do some skiing!
      Dad, before I left for my mission you told me to take some ear plugs, and you said one day in your mission you will need these - well that time has come!!  We have a new Elder in the office now.  He has some knee problems so he has to stay in the office, but man that kid can snore!!!  So those ear plugs are gonna come in very good use!  So thanks for the advice Dad!
      Anyway I gotta get going, but here is a picture of me and my comp a while ago.  Sorry I have been slacking on the pictures!  I will try to get on that again!  I hope everyone is doing good and that you all have a good week this week!
Elder Moser

No comments: