Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, January 4, 2014

E-mail

Hola everyone!  I hope everyone had a great New Year's and everything.  This week has been just a pretty normal week in the office again - nothing too exciting happened this week.  I should be in the office for about 5 more weeks, then I will be heading out to be a normal missionary again, if my comp gets his license by then.  I guess, the process is super slow here though, so I guess we will see what happens.  I guess I am getting pretty excited to go be a real missionary again.  It will kinda feel like I am starting the mission over again - it is gonna be a pretty big change! Just the schedule and everything.  But I am looking forward to it.  This week our one and only investigator has been in Peru and the South of Chile so we haven't had any lessons again, but we have been in good contact with him though.  He is still doing great.  Still chugging along super fast in the Book of Mormon - he is halfway done now.  And he was in Peru last week and he went out and looked for a chapel and went to all three hours.  I thought that was pretty impressive - feel like a lot of members wouldn't even do that.  And now he is in the South of Chile and has already found the chapel he is gonna go to this week.  He has turned out to be a great guy, and a really big blessing to me and my comp to be able to teach a little bit.  It is crazy how rusty I was on some of the lessons I have forgotten over the last 4 months though.  Definitely need to start studying a little more too.
     This year for New Year's everyone had to be in by 8:00 because all the drunk people and crazy stuff that goes on in the streets.  So we brought the projector home and a lady from our ward brought us some food and we watched the sequel to the 17 Miracles movie called Ephriam's Rescue.  It was a pretty dang good movie!  So that was a pretty fun, good relaxing night.
     Those are some pretty sweet pens you made for all the guys dad!  You should start selling those things!!  And I hope that was not you in the Santa suit in the Tetons, haha.  Maybe that is what you were doing while mom stayed in Texas for a while!!??  Hope not!!  Sounds like you and Mom are doing pretty good with the whole missionary work there in the ward tho!  So, good job there!  You guys are gonna be nice and prepared for when you guys head out haha :)  Do you have any clue when that is gonna be?? 
     Last night we got home pretty late from the country but I had a pretty big urge to read in the scriptures and so I just opened up the Book of Mormon in English.  It had been a long time since I had read the scriptures in English - mainly Spanish now, but anyway I turned to 3 Nephi chapter 4 and I got pretty into it I guess but ended up reading until 3 Nephi chapter 18, haha.  Got to bed kinda late I guess, but it was really sweet reading about the whole Jesus coming to America experience.  For me that is what really sets the Book of Mormon apart and what is special about the Book of Mormon.  It is just cool to me all the stuff he taught the people and how in the church today we still use those exact teachings.  The Book of Mormon really does have the fullness of the gospel.  It is pretty sweet and mind boggling to me how perfect everything worked out - just the ancient prophets writing it, and us using it today.  Nothing has been changed over all the years- we still do the exact same stuff.  There is always so much change in the world but the gospel never changes.  We don't have to worry about it changing to what the world thinks is best or whatever.  Definitely shows it really is from God.  But anyways it was just a good little spiritual uplift for me I guess - got me going again! 
     Well, I hope everyone is doing great and has a great week this week!  I miss and love you all!!  Good luck with everything you are doing!!

Elder Moser

No comments: