Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, July 14, 2014

E-mail and photos

Hola!!  Those are some pretty good pictures you guys got of the Tetons again!  Looks like you guys had a pretty good day on the lake even though you did not catch too much, but it looks like a pretty day!  Haha, and  holy cow, those are some pretty sweet cow costumes Carrie!  Hope you guys got some free food!  And thanks for all the birthday wishes!  The senior couple that is in the office right now are pretty much like my grandparents here in the mission cause I was in the office with them for a long time and stuff, and so they always spoil me and my companion a lot.  But anyways, he called me as soon as the package got in and told me that I had to come and get it since it was my birthday!  So I did get it today!!  Thanks a bunch!!  I think that they sent a picture of me with it to you guys too!  But wow - corn nuts, kinda forgotten about those things, but sure tasted good!  And I definitely have enough jelly bellys to finish the mission off with, haha.  But Muchas Gracias!!  I actually had a pretty good birthday here yesterday too. The inactive lady that I told you about a few weeks ago had a little surprise party for me, so that was really nice.  She made a big homemade cake that was super good!  So that was really nice of her!  They even smashed my face into it, haha.  I will try to send some pictures of them with the cake and stuff so I hope that my computer lets me send them!  Some other members said that they have a cake waiting for me tonight and then a couple more later this week, haha.  So the people here are really very nice, and they sure treat the misioneros good that is for sure!  Might gain a little weight back this week though with all those corn nuts and jelly beans and cake, haha.
   Saturday we were able to have a pretty cool experience.  We got to go to the temple with Winston and Patricio!!  We have been working hard with them to be able to do some family names and stuff, and Mom, it turns out that on the list you sent me all the ordinances had been done except for one male and one female!  Looks like you are working a little too fast on those names Mom, haha.  But it is ok.  The temple had a big list  of names and it turns out that pretty much all the Mormons in Chile went to the temple on Saturday, and all the temple workers were going crazy!!  There were huge groups of young men and women that came in without scheduling, so they were actually rejecting people cause they did not have enough time and priesthood holders to do all the baptisms, and turns out we were not able to do the baptisms.  They were able to do confirmations though and that was good.  They both felt the spirit really strong and liked the temple a lot, so it was a good experience, but it looks like they need to get going on the temple that they are building in Concepcion!  Don't know if it is like that every Saturday, but it sure was busy!!  But it is always nice to be able to be inside the temple for a little bit and get away from the world.  I am always amazed every time I go into the temple and how peaceful and quiet it is.  That is definitely one of the goals I have is to be able to go to the temple as much as I can!! :) 
   We were able to have some good lessons this week with some of the part member families, and working hard trying to get some of these people married!  There is a couple that is very close so we are hoping to see some weddings before we have to leave the ward!  Sure am liking it a lot here.  There are a ton of great people and the work is going good!  Gonna be sad when I have to leave!  Today is my six week mark, so that means one transfer.  Crazy how fast the time has gone by!!
   I hope that everyone is doing good up there!!  I love and miss you all!  Have a great week this week!!

Elder Moser


Thanks for the package, Dad.
Elder Bertagna

 Winston and Patricio at the Temple

 4th of July steaks

Zone Barbeque

 Birthday cake !!!

No comments: