Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

E-Mail

October 9, 2012

Hello everyone!  I hope that everyone is doing great!!  It was another great week at the MTC!  Looking back from when I first got here, it is crazy how much my Spanish and everyone in my districts Spanish has progressed!  The Lord is definitely helping us out!    A couple of days ago we met an Elder during lunch that is from Santiago and so it was really fun talking to him all about how it would be and everything about how it will be down there, and it got me pretty excited!!  Oh ya, the other day to our surprise we got our travel plans in the mail!  We were all super excited because they came a week early and it turns out we get to leave a week early!!  We are now leaving on the 18th of October which is next Thursday!  This is all becoming very real to me now!  I'm super pumped to head out to the field!  I know I won't be able to understand a thing anyone says but I'm so excited to get down there and keep learning the Spanish and teach some real people :)  Next Thursday is going to come way fast!  General Conference was really good to watch this time and I got way more out of it than I have before!  Probably because I actually took good notes and had to sit up the whole time. haha.  But it was a really good break from everything to just listen to the apostles and prophet.  I think President Uchtdorfs talk on Saturday was my favorite talk overall.  I think it is awesome that they changed the age for missionaries!  The whole MTC was going crazy after the session it was awesome!  I think there is going to be a ton more sister missionaries and that missionary work is going to really take off. The MTC already has plans for a new 9 story building which will be the tallest building in Provo, so they are getting prepared for all the new missionaries.  I was thinking about the change and I'm super glad it came when it did because I got the chance to go to school for a year and that changed me a lot into the person I am now, so I was happy with the time of this big change!  This morning we were able to attend another session at the temple and that was really good as usual!!  It was funny because there were 5 ladies in our session and probably 50 guys!  All these missionaries sure help out with the temple work here!  Sunday night  we were able to have a fireside from Chad Lewis, a former BYU football and NFL player, he gave a really good talk and it was fun to hear from him!  I have two more devotionals before I leave so hopefully we can get an apostle in here before then, haha, it is supposed to be about time!  Well I hope everyone is doing great! and that was great hearing about Cody's baptism!  I'm glad it was good!  It is really good hearing from everyone!  Oh, and mom and dad I am going to be able to call home when we are at the airport waiting to head out!  So next Thursday sometime between 10-12 or so I think I should be able to call, sorry it is such a broad time range!  I'm just really not sure when I will get the chance to call!  We get to SLC airport at about 9:30 I think and our flight is about 12:30, so sometime in between there!  We fly first to Atlanta, and then go to Chile!  The total travel time is about 25 hours so that should be a fun long day!!  Have a great week everyone!

Elder Moser

No comments: