Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, October 29, 2012

E-mail

October 29, 2012

Hello!!  My first full week in Chile was great!  Me and my companion went out and worked hard and found a bunch of new investigators and such!  When I came they had just had some baptisms and it was kind of slow in the sector, so we are trying to push it and get some more baptismal dates and get the sector going again!  We don´t have any dates set yet but hopefully in the next couple weeks we will!  We have several people that know it is true but Chileans are just great with coming up with excuses for things!! haha it is kind of funny talking to the people here because they will agree with you on anything but then they have a bunch of excuses of why they won't do it or listen to us and stuff, it is pretty funny to listen to!  But for the most part they are really nice and accepting and help me out a lot with my language!  The members have been a big help! There is one family that has a son, Francisco, that is going on his mission to Peru in January and we are really good friends with him and he helps us out with a lot of stuff all the time and the family own what is called a local, and it is like a little restaurant thingy connected to their house and they always make us come in and eat food when we walk by, which isn´t bad :)  The two best things to eat in Chile by far are completos and ass. haha, and yes that is what it is called!  Completos are hot dogs with tomatoes and guacamole and mayo on it and ass is thin pieces of beef fried in a pan put into a hot dog bun with tomatoes and gauc on top, and man it is good!!  That is all of the missionaries favorite food here and I now see why!  And we are in the best sector cause we get free ass and completos any time!  We really don´t do too much shopping here!  The members take pretty good care of us!  I have eaten a lot of rice and bread and chicken and stuff like that.  They never season anything so it is all pretty bland but hey its food! Dad, that picture you sent, I really have no idea where anything is haha.  I really couldn't tell you!  The ward we are in is called Rinconada.  On Google Earth go to the street Las Naciones with Rinconada and we live on the little street La Lechería in those apartment buildings, so see if that helps any!!  It looks like the girls had a great time on the trip! Those sound like some great speakers!! and snow?? that sounds pretty crazy!!  It has been pretty hot here the last couple of days!  It will be way weird having Christmas in the summer!  And sorry if my grammar is bad!  It is hard to keep Spanish and English grammar straight in my head sometimes now!  And the mail situation, every week at district meeting they bring the mail to us from the mission office, and so with like packages and everything, they just bring that all to us from the mission office, and we have district meetings on Tuesday so I wasn´t able to receive anything yet but we will see if the Dear Elder is there tomorrow. Dear Elder should work fine though, it has for other missionaries!  And thanks for making that scripture marker Dad!  It sounds pretty sweet!  I think I'm good with everything else!  Yesterday we had a pretty interesting experience, when we were walking down the street contacting, a lady came out of her house and asked if we could get rid of the demon that was in her mom.  So we went in to see what was going on and after talking with her for a while we decided to give her a blessing and before she wouldn't or couldn't talk and she just looked really angry and after the blessing she was just super happy and was talking and stuff.  I don't really know quite what was wrong with her, but I definitely know that Priesthood blessings have a lot of power!  It was just a really interesting situation!  And this week I officially got my first dog bite in Chile!  Lucky it couldn't bite too hard cause it tried to bit the thickest part of my calf so it couldn't bite down to hard before I smacked it with my Book of Mormon I was carrying at the time, haha.  Chile is great!  I really like it a lot!!  And my companion is great and I have been learning a whole bunch from him.  I tried to take some pictures but I didn't get too many taken but I will try to load them on here.  There's a couple of my apartment and then the one with the gaming machines, well that is the front door to the house of the kid that is going on his mission soon, I just thought it was pretty funny.  And then there is one of the huge Catholic church that is here, it doesn´t look that big in the picture, but it is huge!!  And the public bathrooms here, well they are not free, you have to pay, haha, that is one of the pictures also.. and one is my view looking out my back window of my apartment.

No comments: