Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

E-Mail

2 October 2012

Hello!!  It has been another great week here at the MTC!! Still learning a whole lot about the gospel and a whole lot about Spanish!  We have learned all of the grammar lessons, so from here on out it is just reviewing!  I still have a pretty bad Wyoming accent with my Spanish and people get a kick out of that, but hopefully in two years I will have the Chilean accent down :)  This morning we were able to attend the temple again and eat some good food and that was a great experience.  Going to the temple is something I really look forward to!  Well not too much new happened this week!  Just the same old MTC life!!  We had a couple good devotionals again.  One was a member of the Seventy, Elder Golden was his name and he is from South Africa and he was fun to listen to.  And the other devotional was a guy in the missionary department and the ones from the missionary department always have good things to say!  He said that he has witnessed more missionaries being called than any other person in the history of the world because he sits in with the apostles when they call missionaries and he told experiences from that and it really made me realize that Chile is for sure the place that I am supposed to be going!.  I'm getting so excited and nervous to head down there!!  I have exactly three weeks now and then I will be there.  It is crazy to think about that!!  I can't wait though!  This week we are getting a new district in our zone so that will be fun to show them around the MTC and stuff.  It has been a great opportunity to be the zone leader because I get to become close friends with everyone in my zone and that has been an awesome experience.  I have learned so much from all the awesome Elders that are here.  Also I get to work pretty closely with the branch president in branch councils and stuff and it has been really good getting to know those guys and they have taught me so much!  Dad, thanks for more snacks!!  It has been great!!  and thanks for sending those to that other elder, he was really happy to get those things!  and thanks for the popcorn balls and stuff mom!  they were good :)  That is awesome that Cody is getting baptized this week!!  That is really exciting!  I'm getting really excited for conference this weekend -  it should be great!!  It will be nice to have a Saturday to relax and watch conference :)  Thanks for the letters I got this week!  It is always good hearing from everyone!  Hopefully when I get to Chile there will be a little bit more going on and my letters will be a little more interesting!!  I hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Moser

No comments: