Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

E-mail

25 September 20012

Hello everyone!  I hope everyone is doing well!!  Mom and Dad it looks like you guys had a pretty good week from the pictures!  Those fall colors are awesome!!  The colors have been pretty good up on the mountains here too!  On Sundays we are able to go for a temple walk and just go sit up by the temple for awhile so it's great to go out and enjoy the fall air and see the colors!  I'm glad you were able to go to your high school reunion and see all your old friends Mom!  Sounds fun :) and good job being a good sport Dad!  It sounds like a lot of you were able to watch the temple dedication this Sunday!  I also was able to attend!  Half of the MTC met Sunday at 9 and that is when I went to it.  It was awesome because there were probably about 1500 Elders and Sisters in there and when we sang “The Spirit of God” it was really powerful and the spirit was really strong.  Elder Packer gave the dedicatory prayer and that was great to be able to listen to.  It got me super excited for the Star Valley Temple to get done!  I hope they are close by the time I get back!  That would be great :)  Thanks for the letters I received this week and thanks a whole bunch Carrie and Elaina for the cookies, they were great!!  My companions and I loved them!!  And thanks for all the snacks Dad!!  It has been great to have something to munch on at nights, and for some reason I have suddenly become the favorite Elder in the district.... huh... haha :)  This morning we got up early and headed over to the temple at about 6:15 and we were able to do another Sealing session because the line for Initiatory was about an hour long, but it was a really good opportunity to do sealings again and it's fun meeting all of the sealers.  They are all really great guys and have a really good spirit about them.  And we were able to eat at the cafeteria in the temple again!!  yay!  It was great like usual!  We definitely look forward to p-days now with the opportunity to serve at the temple and the great food!  It has been good teaching the "investigators" this week again, one is still super difficult and isn't progressing a whole lot but the other is progressing a bunch and it is great because even though it is a fake investigator, the spirit is still super strong and it is a great opportunity to learn and grow.  Travis Clark and Andrew Heiner came into the MTC this week and it was great seeing and talking to them.  It's crazy because they got here a month after me but still leave before me!!  Those lucky guys :)  No, I really am enjoying it here and how much I have learned and progressed, but I am very excited to head off to Chile in a month!  It has been crazy how fast the last few weeks have been going!  I feel like it was just yesterday I was sitting here writing a letter!  On Fridays we are able to teach a couple lessons to members who just come and volunteer, and they just act as themselves, and I think that is about everyones favorite part of the week.  It is fun to just talk to them and get to know them and it is a big help with Spanish!  I'm very grateful for the opportunity we have to do that. My Spanish keeps continuing to progress and I am getting better and better at teaching in Spanish and I’m enjoying teaching a lot more cause I can actually say a lot of what I want to.  My companions and I are still having a lot of fun times and it has been great gettiing to know them more.  I might have said this last week, but I have been reading a lot out of the New Testament lately, I started at the beginning and am just reading through it.  I have never done that before and I never realized how much I loved the New Testament!  I have learned tons from it and I’ve gained a better understanding of how the Bible and Book of Mormon can go hand in hand. Thanks for all the prayers!  I really can feel them helping!!  I hope everyone has a great week!!

Elder Moser

PS:  Dad, so it turns out three out of my four pants I have worn all lost a hem so yesterday I sent all three pairs to get fixed.  They sure didn't do a very good job the first time!  Thanks for all the snacks!  and you can always send more jerky anytime :) that’s my favorite :)  And dad could you do a big favor for me?  There is an Elder in my zone that has a really poor family and he never really hears from them and never gets anything from them, so I think it would mean a lot if he got something, could you send something from Amazon to him?  I know he likes jerky a lot so could you send him a couple bags of jerky?  You can just put my exact same address but instead of Elder Moser put Elder Evans, and it doesn't say who it is from when it is from Amazon so that would work out great,  That would be awesome, thanks!!!  I still don't have my coat and sweater.

No comments: