Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

E-mail 11 September 2012

3rd Week

Hello everyone!  How is everyone doing?  Mom and dad, that sounds like a pretty intense hike that you guys went on!  Sounds fun!  And that's pretty crazy about the fire by Jackson!  Those are some pretty intense pictures!  A good hike sounds pretty amazing right now, but I think I will get plenty of walking here soon enough!!  Mom and Megan that's awesome that you guys are going to Columbia!!  That sounds pretty stinkin awesome!  I'm sure you will have a great time there!  This week has been pretty good!  One of my companions got pretty sick so we spent a lot of time in our room studying but it wasn´t too bad.  I was able to read the Spanish Book of Mormon a lot and I learned a lot from that!!  It's crazy how much I am able to understand when I read the Book of Mormon in Spanish!  I'm finally getting to where I know enough words where I can teach the lessons alright with my companions, but I still have a tough time understanding what they are saying back!  But I'm sure it will come soon enough!!  We were talking to a teacher that went to our mission and he said the language is totally different when you get down there and it takes a while to get used to how they speak, but it should be fun!!  It has been pretty fun teaching our investigators in Spanish, and it's great to see the improvements we are making with Spanish and teaching!  We were able to go to the temple and do a session today and that was great and the spirit was super strong!  Going to the temple is something all the missionaries really look forward to and I have gained a whole new appreciation for it here!  We are getting a couple new Elders in our zone from Australia tonight and my companion and I get to orient them and show them around so that should be pretty fun!  My new favorite scripture for the time being is Alma 37: 36-37..  It talks about how we should counsel with the Lord in everything we do and it has been a great help to me this week!  I challenge you all to read that scripture and try to live that in your lives the best you can!  I'm gonna try attaching some pictures that I've taken while I was here.  Elder Taylor from Utah is the tall one and Elder Harman from Idaho is the other one. I hope everyone has a great week!  Thanks for the letters that have been sent to me! I appreciate them!  

No comments: