Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

E-mail 4 September 2012

2nd week

Hello everybody!  How are you all doing??  Thanks for the letters and the dearelder.com's I have received so far!  They help make a long day a little bit more enjoyable!!  It's crazy, I always heard missionaries say that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days, but I never believed that is true!  But here it is already p-day again and last Tuesday felt like it was yesterday, and every day in between has felt like a week!  I've been learning all sorts of great stuff and the spirit is super strong!  I forgot to bring my computer to the computer lab this week so I will have to send some pictures of me and my companions next week!  One of the main things we do here is we have some investigators, (just our teachers playing the role of the investigators) and we have to prepare and teach them in Spanish!  My companion Elder Harmen is super good at Spanish already so he kind of holds us together, but me, I'm not too advanced yet!  It gets pretty frustrating not being able to say what you want to say and the investigators play it pretty hard!  But I know that will be the best way I learn!  I'm excited for the day when I can really communicate with the people and say what I want to say:)  Every day besides Sundays and Tuesdays we sit in class for about 6 hours a day and study for the rest, with some gym time and sleep time in there, so Tuesdays and Sundays are a pretty good break for me!  Sundays we get to go walk up by the temple, and we have Sacrament Meeting, Priesthood Meeting and District Meeting or Sunday School.  Then we have a fireside at night, and usually the rest of the day is for studying, but me and my companions get to sit in leadership training meetings and counsel meetings and hold interviews with the district leaders and such.  On Tuesdays we are able to go to the temple. Last week we did initiatory and this morning we were able to do about an hour and a half long sealing session, it was great!  It looks like you guys had a great hike Mom and Dad!  Thanks for all the prayers!  I can really feel them help me while I'm out here!  Maybe try praying for my Spanish a little harder :) haha..  I've really been able to learn a lot more about the Atonement while I've been out here.  It seems like every meeting I have and every fireside I have they are always talking about the Atonement and it's been a great blessing in my life to learn so much more about it and how it can help us out so much in every aspect of our lives!  I know this Gospel is true and I know being out here serving the Lord is the thing I'm supposed to be doing and nothing else at this point in my life could help me more!  Have a great week everybody!!
Elder Moser

No comments: