Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

E-mail 18 September 2012

Hello everyone!  How is everybody doing?  That looks like a pretty fun fishing trip Mom and Dad and Grandpa!  They must have not been biting too much cause I wasn't there I guess!  You will just have to wait a couple years before they start biting again!  Just to let you know Sarah and Megan, I did get your letters from the dearelder site and that site works great!  I appreciated hearing from you and I'm looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!  It is another great p-day here at the MTC.  This morning we got up at 6 and headed over to the temple. The Provo temple is so busy!  At 6:30 there was an hour and a half wait to do initiatory so we ended up doing another sealing session but that was really good to hear all that and the sealer talked about the importance of sealings and that was really good to hear all that.  We would have missed breakfast at the MTC so we decided to eat at the temple, and man!  I never was a big fan of temple food, but it sure did taste real good today!  To have real eggs and real bacon, it was pretty nice :)  I had a really good week this week.  My companions and I are becoming great friends and also with all the other elders in my zone.  It's been really great to serve all those elders and get to know each one of them. There are a lot of awesome guys here!  I'm continuing to improve on my Spanish and teaching the investigators is getting better and better.  One of them has been super tough and we have taught her 4 times and she hasn't let us in the door yet.  But I think it is a really good challenge for us and will be great preparation for when we are in the field. It's been fun reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and English together because I go word by word and super slow and it makes me really think about each and every word that are in the scriptures and the importance of them. On Sunday we had a really good speaker for our fireside. He was the director of proselyting for missionaries in the church and he gave a great talk about the Book of Mormon and he talked a lot about how the negative things that are going on in the country about the Book of Mormon like the play in New York and stuff has become a good thing for the church and the Book of Mormon because the church has made new ad campaigns and such and lots of people are getting more interested about the church and so they read the actual Book of Mormon. I think it's awesome how when people try to bash on the church and Book of Mormon and stuff how the Lord knows what's going on and can turn it into such a good thing for the church. Reading the Book of Mormon everyday does really give me a lot of strength through the day and makes all the challenges I have to face a lot easier.  I challenge you all if you are not, to read at least a little bit in the Book of Mormon every day.  I really know how much power and strength that can bring into your lives!  Well my time is about up!  I hope everyone has a great week!  Thanks for all the prayers and support!!

Elder Moser

No comments: