Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, November 12, 2012

E-mail

Hola everybody!! It was another great hot week in Chile!  Thanks for sending me the forecast and the pictures Dad!  The one of Mason made me laugh pretty good!  It was great!!  And the weather looks like it is gonna be pretty nice for the next while!  So, I got some pretty sweet news. After the missionary announcement, Elaina decided she wanted to go on a mission and she has been called to the Lima Peru West Mission!  And she leaves April 10!  I thought that was pretty awesome!!  That should be great for her!  Well the work here has been good!  President King is trying to get us to work with the members a lot more and stuff and so we have been doing that a lot more trying to get a lot more referrals than we were.  Something I learned yesterday that I thought was pretty crazy was that in my ward here there are 900 members and we only have about 100 that attend, and that is how it is all over Chile!  I thought that was a crazy number!  We are definitely trying to work with inactive members a lot here too and that is just as tough or tougher than getting investigators to come to church!  Our Bishop here is great and really tries to work hard with the missionaries so that has been really nice!  He definitely holds the ward together!  We have been trying to get some baptismal dates set with some of our investigators but it just quite isn't happening yet, but hopefully in the near future some of the ones that are almost ready will be ready!!  There should be some photos attached with this but I'm not sure if it worked - the computer is having some major difficulties so sorry if there is not any!  There should be one of me and my companion with Francisco, the local kid going on his mission soon.  We have splits this week and it should be interesting because my district leader is from Argentina and I can't understand a word he says! So that should be fun for a day haha.  We will see how that goes!!  Here in Chile there are always random old couches sitting everywhere so we are trying to take pictures on them whenever we see them so that is what some of the other pictures are!  And also our shower died this week and all the shower heads here are really junky so we just decided to be safe and make a shower with three shower heads just in case!!  I hope you enjoy the pics!  Sorry my letter is so short!  I ate up all my time trying to figure out the pictures!  But I hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Moser




No comments: