Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Sunday, January 6, 2013

E-mail and Photos

December 31, 2012
Hola!  Thanks for the pictures Dad!  I really enjoyed seeing the snow!  I definitely miss that a little bit!  My comp thought it was crazy that where I live, we have snow and mountains and barely any houses haha..  I have a way bigger appreciation for Bedford after being in Santiago!  The city is fun for a while, but I definitely like small towns a lot more!!  This week was a great week.  My trainer went home, which was kind of sad but I got a new really good comp so I am ok!  He is from Peru, but he is pretty much fluent in English which makes it nice, but I think my Spanish skills will grow a lot with him too now.  I am excited to work with him in our sector and I think great things will come soon! About two weeks ago we found a new guy by helping his mom carry her groceries home from the store.  This guy is awesome.  He told us that he has been looking for the truth his whole life and knew that is the reason why we were in his house.  From Thursday night to Saturday and about 2 in the afternoon he read from the beginning of the Book of Mormon until a little ways into Alma.  He said he couldn't stop reading it!  He came to church with us and he loved it there so things are looking pretty good with him.  But like most Chileans, he is not married to the woman he lives with, so we will see what happens there, but it was just awesome to meet a guy that excited for the truth!  It was a testimony builder for me as well!  It was awesome to see someone be able to recognize the truth so fast and feel the spirit and know that what he was reading and hearing was true.  That guy was definitely the highlight of my week this week!  He thought it was awesome how many families were in the church and how happy they all looked - there is for sure something to the gospel!! haha..  Today for a zone activity we were able to go to a Chilean air and space museum.  It was pretty fun with all the missionaries but it was a Chilean airplane museum.... sooo, there wasn't too much stuff haha.  But it was a fun experience!  something different!  It was another super hot week here! and it looks like it is gonna be another, but I better enjoy it while I've got it!!  Thanks for the letters!! I hope everyone has a great week!!

Elder Moser




MTC companions and their trainers 



No comments: