Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, January 14, 2013

E-mail

Hola!  Well it was a pretty good week here in Chile!  Lots of sunshine!  It has been really good with my new comp, Elder Cervantes.  He is a great teacher and it has been really fun to teach with him.  My Spanish has gotten a lot better with him so far.  But we do speak a lot of English too because he wants to go to BYU, so he needs to know it good, so we speak both a lot.  Man, it sounds like it has been pretty cold in Star Valley!  I can't even imagine it being that cold in a different part of the world!  Today my comp had to go to the mission doctor which is in the east mission underneath the Temple, so I got to see the temple for the first time - that was really fun.  It is super small but it is really pretty, and I am excited for when I can do a session so I can see the inside too.  We ate more Mexican food with one of our investigators again and it was super nice to have some food with taste!!  It was a great change!!  I don't think spices ever made it to Chile, but it has been interesting eating with all the different members and getting to know them more.  With all the new missionaries coming we are getting two more in our ward, so we will be splitting the sector, which should be great so we can focus in specific parts a little more.  Those missionaries will be here at the end of February so we still have a little time but it should be great.  I just got an e-mail today that my new release date is going to be September 9 and school starts either that day or the week after so that should be interesting when that all happens!  Won't have too much time for relaxing!! Mom can you send me the recipe for coconut shrimp??  I was studying the other day and that sounds really good all of a sudden so I figured I would try to make it!  So that would be great if you could send me that.  And about pictures - well my comp kinda left my camera cord in the cyber a couple weeks ago, so I don't have any way to charge my camera or send pictures right now.  I have looked all over down here and can't find a cord so I think you will have to send me one.  And until it gets here I will keep looking, but I don't think I will find it - I have looked all over.  I just need a cord for a Nikon Coolpix camera.  Hopefully you can get one of those sent to me! Sorry about not being able to send pictures until then!!!  Sounds like grandpa is doing alright.  But I hope he can get healed up soon!  Doesn´t sound like a lot of fun!!  I hope everyone has a great week this week!!

Elder Moser

No comments: