Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Sunday, February 3, 2013

E-mail and photos - January 21, 2012

January 21, 2012

Well it was another great week in chile!!  It was a little cooler this week so that was a nice break!  It was stinkin hot for a while there!!  That's great to hear I am gonna have a new nephew when I get home!  That's one, now there just needs to be three or four more by the time I get home!!  It is always funny telling people that I have 18 nieces and nephews here cause the people that live here have max one or two brothers and sisters, so 6 sisters and 18 nieces and nephews, and parents that are still together sounds crazy to them.  Thanks for being such an awesome family.  Here I have seen lots of different things and I have definitely realized how lucky I am to have the family I have!!  I musta done something right in heaven!  Thanks for all the support I have had while I have been down here, it sure makes being 5000 miles away a lot easier!  This week we had a husband of a recent convert that has been coming to church for about a year and a half or so tell us that he is ready to be baptized because he has seen how much the gospel has blessed his family.  He wants to be baptized in February, but he is gone a lot so we will try to catch him home as much as we can so he can be ready.  It is awesome to see the gospel change people's lives.  The happiest people I see down here are on Sundays in the chapel.  There are lots of hard, and bad things down here but the people always tell us the one place they feel the safest and the best is in the chapel.  It is awesome to see how much of an effect the gospel of Jesus Christ can have on people.  Dad, about the cord, I did find one in the fedia here but it looks like it is well used, so I am guessing it won´t last too long, so thank you for sending the other one.  I will let you know when I get the package.  Dad, what is the address of my missionary blog??  Richard wants to know but I don´t remember it! and thanks for the recipe!  I am excited to make it!  The only problem is they don´t sell coconut in the bags here, haha, you just have to buy the real thing, so we will see how that goes!! :)  I hope everyone has a great week!!
Elder Moser




No comments: