Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, February 4, 2013

E-mail


February 4, 2012

Well it was another awesome week on the mission in Chile!!  There have been a lot of good things going on in the mission here lately so it has been fun to see all the success the missionaries are having.  We have two super solid investigators right now so that has been fun teaching them, one is a husband of a recent convert and the other is a wife of a recently reactivated man in our ward, she is from Mexico and cooks lots of Mexican food for us so that has been really awesome!!  Yesterday we went with them to another baptism and she knows that is what she needs to be doing and she has seen a lot of blessings just from receiving the lessons and going to church so far it has been fun to watch.  We have been doing lots of contacting the last couple of weeks and it gets a little tiring sometimes in the hot sun, but we have found some new pretty good investigators so it will be fun to keep teaching them.  Dad, I got one package with the jerky and it was awesome!!  I only eat a little piece every now and then to make it last a long time, the smokey sticks are the best!  It has been nice having some good tasting food!!  Today we went with the zone to go bowling and it was kinda weird, it felt like I was in the states again!  I think there is only one bowling alley here in Santiago and it was way funny to watch the latins bowl cause it was their first time for a lot of them!  We had a competition between companionships and me and my comp dominated so that made it even more fun!!  I have been having a lot of fun with Elder Cervantes, we always make sure we are having fun whatever we doing and man the time has gone by so fast this last month!!  This last weekend we fasted and wow, that made a new meaning for fasting for me!  All of our appointments fell through so we were out contacting all afternoon and I don´t think I have ever been so thirsty in my life, but it was cool cause this time I got a lot better idea of what fasting is really for so I was thankful for being in the street all day!  Thanks for the pictures dad, the temple looks awesome in those pictures!  We have been trying to get the members more excited about the temple and to go more often and I think it has made a big difference in some of their lives as they have been going more.  That is one thing I do miss a lot!  So I am excited for when I will have the chance to go next!  I hope everything is going good with everyone!  I am lovin the mission!  Have a great week!
Elder Moser

No comments: