Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Sunday, February 17, 2013

E-mail and Photos


February 11, 2012

Hey Dad, thanks for the pictures of Grandpa - it was great being able to see those. President King called me Thursday night and told me the news, and shared with me D&C 42: 44-46.
     "And the elders of the church, two or more, shall be called, and shall pray for and lay their hands upon them in my name; and if they die they shall die unto me, and if they live they shall live unto me.  
     Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die, ...
     And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them;"
It was hard for me at first knowing I wouldn't be able to spend any more time with him in this life, but after the scripture and what President said to me I know that he is in the place where he needs to be right now doing what he needs to be doing. That night I also read Alma 40 about the spirit world and the resurrection and that helped out a lot too.  It was interesting reading it with him in mind.  I got a lot stronger testimony and better understanding of that and the plan that God has for us, and the things that Christ has done for us. This past week President challenged all the missionaries to memorize "The Living Christ".  While starting to do this, I really started to realize the importance of the things that Christ has done for us.  Without the things he has done we wouldn't be able to live in the presence of God, happy with our families. But by accepting the things he has done for us both for the spiritual and physical death we are able to live happily with our families in the presence of God.  This time right now is just a little separation for a little bit but I know that we can all be united again after this life.  Without the knowledge of the gospel that we have this life would be a lot harder to accept and understand the things that happen in life.  I am very grateful for the things I have learned about the gospel on my mission so far and especially this week.  I hope everyone is doing great there at home!!  Dad do you have a picture of Grandpa when he was like 25 or 30 or so?  If you do, you should send it to me.  I will tell you why next week, and I can listen to a CD here cause every apartment has a DVD player to watch the missionary videos so that would be great!!  I am loving every moment of the mission and am glad I am not anywhere else right now.  I am excited to keep learning and becoming a better person that I want to become.  This morning me and my comp and my district leader and his comp, the great-nephew of Blair Erickson went to climb the same hill that I did a while ago, and this time we made it for the sunrise and it was awesome to see the sun come over the mountains.  I was kinda wishin I could be up in the mountains skiin or fishin or something, but I guess that will have to wait.  I should have some pretty good pictures of some stuff that is gonna happen next week so hopefully I can send those!!  Have a great week this week.  I miss and love you all!
Elder Moser



No comments: