Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, February 18, 2013

E-mail and Photos


Hola everyone!!  It was a great week here in Chile, probably my favorite one yet.  Everyone looks great from the pictures and it sounds like you had a really nice funeral.  I was kinda sad I could not be there, but I would lots rather be here!  This week we were able to have two baptisms.  It was a really fun experience cause they are my first ones here and it was even more awesome cause they are both really solid and have really strong testimonies. Edith Rios was baptized by her husband that recently got activated again.  It has been really fun teaching her, they are an awesome family.  She is from Mexico and he is from Chile.  She is the one that always makes awesome Mexican food for us.  It was awesome to see her gain a testimony of the gospel.  A few months ago we talked to her and she told us she would never step foot in a Mormon church, but later I promised her husband that if he kept coming his wife would follow his example and the next week she came and loved it and we started teaching her and now she is pretty solid!  And the other one was Victorhugo Urbina.  His wife has been a member of the church for over a year now and he has always come to church, just never wanted to be baptized, but a few weeks ago he said he is finally ready, so we have been teaching him a lot getting him ready, and he has a really strong testimony of the gospel and a strong family in the church so they should be really good.  It has been awesome to see the change in him since he decided he wanted to be baptized and Bishop baptized him. We moved houses this week and had the baptisms so it was a busy week but we now live in the most expensive missionary house in the mission, it is pretty nice haha, but I will probably only be here about a week longer, it has air conditioning and everything! Definitely not complaining about my house now!!  Well I don't have too much time cause we helped a guy build a shed today, so it kinda ate up our p-day, but it was good and fun to help.  I hope everyone is doing great!! Have a great week!!
Elder Moser

PS:  Dad, thanks for the pictures of when Grandpa was younger.  That night after President King called I read in the scriptures about the spirit world and stuff and that night I had a dream, and I saw a 25 to 30 year old guy dressed in white, and well I had never seen a picture of Grandpa that I remembered when he was younger but after you sent me the pictures I definitely know who I saw!  He looked a little different, but for sure the same guy!  pretty cool!  And thanks for sharing the experiences you had as well, it was interesting hearing those!!





No comments: