Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, January 7, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola!!  Thanks for the e-mail!  Looks like it is gonna be another warm week in Chile!  That is great to hear that grandpa is doing good!  I was thinking about him a lot this week.  This week was another great week.  We got to go to Santiago Central to go to the medico for my comps foot so that was a pretty fun adventure, and the picture I sent is the tallest building in Chile.  It is pretty stinking big, it was pretty cool to see.  Man, people here that live in Maipu have to travel to Santiago Central to work a lot of the times and it is like 1 and a half to 2 hours on the metro.  I can't imagine going that far to work every day!  Now I realize while they are never in their houses!!  This week was another great week with our investigator, Martin.  He is awesome!!  He read almost to the end of Alma and he read almost half of the Principles of the Gospel book that the Sunday School class uses.  He told us he wants to be baptized really bad and knows that this is the truth and where he needs to be.  The only problem is he needs to get married.  So he is working on setting up a date with the city so they can get married.  It usually takes about three months so I probably won´t be here to see him baptized, but it has been such an awesome experience teaching him the last couple of weeks.  He was definitely someone prepared by the Lord before hand!!  It has been a way awesome experience.  We also have some other ones that have been doing pretty good, so it will be fun to watch them progress.  Today we had a asado, or grill with our zone.  Had some really good food and played some basketball - it was a great day.  I have some great elders in my zone.  It has been really fun getting to know them all.  I really like my new comp a lot and we are having a lot of good things happing in our sector the last little bit..  It is a little adjustment from Elder Myers, but we have been having a really good time.  The crazy story for this week..  well we were doing a contact at a house and another lady that lived at the house came from behind me and grabbed me by my arm and started pulling me in the house and said she wanted a gringo in her house with her.. haha..  It was quite the experience and I will make sure not to go back to that house while I am in Chile!!  It is pretty interesting being a gringo here haha..  I get lots of comments every day. haha...  Probably shouldn't repeat most of them in this letter, but it has kind of given me a little bit of an eye opener to what the world really is like outside of Star Valley!!  Well I am really starting to love the work a lot, and there have been some great experiences.  I hope everyone is doing good!!
Elder Moser




No comments: