Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, May 13, 2013

E-mail and Photos


Hola!!  Thanks for the photos of grandpa this week Dad.  I really enjoyed those!  It is sweet to see him back in the good ole days!!  Well it was a pretty good week this week!! We were able to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead with a recent convert and that was super good and he is excited to go back again.  That was a super good experience.  And then Saturday I was able to talk with Mom and Dad, and that was a pretty good topper on the end of a good week!  Couldn't ask for anything more!!  Those little carvings are pretty sweet Dad, fun to see.  And thanks for the talk - that was really good, kinda just what we need for this ward haha :)  I will be sure to print that out and try to apply it here!!  It is crazy how little people say they read in the scriptures here.  It was really surprising when I first got here listening to people talk about that, so hopefully I can help get some people to start working on that!!  Today I was able to buy a new suit, so that got all taken care of.  It wasn't too expensive and I think it was a little decent.  My thighs are just too big here though!!  You can´t buy a separate coat and pants so I kinda have to squeeze into the pants a little cause that was the size of jacket that fit, but it should work out ok I hope.  And we were told today we aren't getting any money next month so it looks like I will be going on a diet anyway!  Maybe I can get the pants to fit a little better.  Cold showers in the winter isn't gonna be very fun though, so we will see how that goes!!  But other than that there isn't too much new going on, still looking for some new people to teach, that has been a big struggle here, but hopefully we can start finding some here soon!  I hope everyone is doing great!  I love and miss you all!
Elder Moser
 Santiago Chile Temple

Elder Moser and Jose Luis 


No comments: