Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, May 6, 2013

E-mail and Photos


Hola!  Thanks for the pictures Dad.  Every time I see pictures of the family it makes me realize how awesome of a family I have and how lucky I am.  I didn't really realize that until I got here and took a look around a little bit.  So thanks for being such a great family everyone!!  I really do appreciate it!  This week was a great week!  There were some pretty hot days again and looks like it is gonna be a nice week this week!  We were able to have the baptism of Jose Luis this week and it was awesome.  I think it touched his mom a lot so hopefully we can keep working with her.  I will be sure to send a picture of that.  It is just kinda hard to get the branch support here, but we were able to get a few there so it wasn't too bad.  We also had a great activity this Friday.  We are trying to get people excited for the temple so we watched "The Mountain of the Lord" and we had a pretty good turnout.  We only had 25 people in Sacrament Meeting this week which was kinda sad, dropped down a lot since the last couple of weeks, but hopefully we can try to get that up a little more!  For the activity me and my comp wanted to make something a little different so we kinda made up a recipe and made pretzels!  It worked out pretty dang good!!  We were able to make them in the church with what is called a horno de barro or a mud oven type thing - I guess it is something that all Chileans use to make bread and stuff like that.  We had a lot of fun making those and the people thought they were pretty good I think!  Might have been lying but they usually tell the truth about everything like that so I think we were ok.  I will also be sure to send some pictures of those also.  And yes I did get the package this last week and thanks a ton for that!!  I got enough jerky and gel to last me for a while now!!  And thanks for the jacket too - it was a nice surprise and let's just say taking care of business in the bathroom has been a lot more comfortable the last couple days too, so thanks for the fiber!  It is kinda a must have here in Chile!!!  And about Skype this Saturday, it is 8 in the night I was talking about!!  And I really have no idea about the time difference!!! Just look on line - I am sure there is a website that has world times on it!  But I am talking about 8 pm my time.  I hope that makes a little more sense and I hope that will work out for you!!  And don't worry dad, you might feel old, but you still look pretty young.  I realized Chileans age waaaaaaaaaaay faster than gringos.  A lady told us she was 60 and I about spit my drink out - I really thought she was 75 or 80.  I don't know if it is the diet or genetics or what, but wow!  Feel lucky!!  The photo with the woman and the baby are some less actives that we are trying to activate.  They are awesome people and would be a huge help to this branch, just a little lazy getting up they say!  But hopefully we can get them going here soon!!  And thank you for sending the pens!!  You could just throw some chocolate in there if you want to :) don't eat a lot of that here!!  I don't think we get the broadcasts here, especially where we are, but I am not really sure about that!  Well I hope everyone is doing great!  Have a great week this week! 
Elder Moser
 The Gringo Pretzel Maker

 Baptism of Jose Luis

Autumn Grape Leaves

No comments: