Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, May 27, 2013

E-mail and Photos

Hola!!  Thanks for the pictures Dad.  It was great to see some of the family and some pictures of the Tetons.  The whole different seasons thing still kinda wigs me out!!  And Evalyn looks a lot like Gracie in the picture!!  She has gotten big over the last few months!  That is good that you guys got to spend some time with family this past week! Definitely miss that part of life!  And good job Troy on the graduation!!  You have almost got it licked now!!  Well this week turned out to be a pretty good week!  We were able to go to the Temple on Wednesday and that was awesome!!  A little different experience all in Spanish, but it was way good!!  I realized how much I had been missing it!  Except for the missionary that threw-up on me on the bus, that made things stink a little bit throughout the day haha.  The Santiago temple is super small, but really pretty.  They use lots of the blue rock that they have here, makes it look pretty Chilean!  The picture I sent at the temple was me and Elder Salisbury and me and my comp.  This week was also kinda sad though cause I found out Salisbury is heading home today to take care of some stuff.  He was a way good friend here in this zone so I am way sad to see him go!!  This week we were able to have a couple great ward activities so that was really good!  Lots of investigators came which was awesome!  Church attendance was pretty low again, which was ok cause I had to give another super long talk again haha.  Sometimes President Ortega doesn't plan too great for the sacrament meeting!!  It was two youth talks and me haha.  I talked about the atonement and I guess it turned out pretty good!!  Well we have changes this next week and President asked me if I am ready to be senior comp, so  it looks like am probably gonna be leading out here next change!  We will see how that goes haha.  I think I will be alright though :)  I am pretty excited for it!  It will definitely make me work harder though!!  My comp is leaving for sure though, so I hope I at least get someone that only speaks Spanish!!  The practice would be really nice!! :)  My comp has definitely gotten a little more trunky these last couple weeks so it has been a little tough!  So I am pumped to get a young one!  It will keep me going a little bit better!!  Well all in all it was a great week.  I am super excited for the rain.  It has been raining pretty good today so far, and it is super cold.  Makes missionary work way easier though.  Lot easier to walk around in cold than hot!!  But I hope everyone is doing great! 
I love and miss you all!! Have a great weak!!

Elder Moser








 Elder Moser and Elder Salisbury

Elder Brow and Elder Moser

 Yerba Mate

No comments: