Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Sunday, February 9, 2014

E-mail and photos

February 8, 2012

Hola!!  Well I am glad to see that it is gonna start cooling down a little bit towards the end of this week, cause I sure will not be in an air conditioned car or office, haha.  Yesterday, President told me that yes, for sure, I have changes and will be leaving the office.  I am pretty excited to start the last leg of the mission though!  Probably is gonna be my last sector, so got to do my best for sure.  I feel like everything I have been learning the last 18 months has been preparing me for these 6 months, so I am pretty excited to go out and work hard.  Feel like I will be able to be a little more prepared as a missionary now, so we will see how it goes!!
    Well since it was our last weekend and p-day here in the office, and Elder Nelson the secretary that came into the office with me is leaving too, we decided we had better make the best of it!  And we sure did!!  Friday night President invited me and Elder Nelson up to his house and we just ate cake and just talked to him and his wife for a while - just saying thanks for being in the office sort of a thing, I guess, so that was pretty cool.  Then later we had a sweet barbeque up on the roof of our apartment!  We bought the meat the night before and had it marinating and everything - pretty good stuff!  Found a store that sells Mtn. Dew too, haha.  I figure Mom won't be too happy with me, but man that stuff tasted good!!  After 18 months my taste buds needed some of that stuff!  Anyway, it turned out to be a great night with some of my good friends I have made here on the mission.  And today we had barbeque number two with the rest of the office crew. We headed down south a little ways to a sweet lake!  Felt like I was on vacation haha.  It was pretty sweet there - felt like I was in Idaho or Wyoming or something.  We cooked up the other part of the meat we had, and played some soccer and relaxed a little bit.  Had to take advantage of my last p-day in the office - feel like I did pretty good!  Pretty sure I am gonna have to wait 6 months before I will be able to do that one again!!
     Thanks for checking up on the BYUI stuff and things.  I sent you another email with the username and password, and you should be able to get on now! 
     That is pretty crazy that it has been a year since Grandpa passed away.  I remember that night pretty clearly when I got a call from President King telling me what had happened - don't think I will ever forget that moment.  I remember staying up that night reading the chapters around Alma 40 - pretty cool how much comfort the scriptures can give.  That has been something I have learned a lot on the mission - the importance of the scriptures and what they actually mean and what they can do for us.  Glad to be able to have this bigger appreciation for them!
     Good job on all the missionary stuff you guys are doing!  You guys are really going to town now!  That is pretty cool - sounds like the ward is getting a little more involved with that stuff - good to hear!!
     For housing at BYUI, me and Elder Harman are planning to live together, so we are just trying to figure out for sure what we are gonna do.  There is a new place in Rexburg that looks pretty nice.  It is a little more, but would be fun for a semester or two haha.  I do need to get on that though.  I might send a letter a little later or tomorrow saying something more about that.  We need to get it figured out soon.
     I am doing great, and can't think of anything I need right now!  Just some prayers as I go start the real missionary work!!  Thanks for the letter and all the pictures - I enjoyed them a lot!  And thanks Mom for all the Dear Elders you always send - I always enjoy them a lot!!  I hope everyone has a great week this week!!!  I love and miss you all!

Elder Moser


Picking on Elder Caballero 

At the wedding !!! 


Barbecue on the roof  


Laser Light
Translation:  Barbecue

Elders Saunders and Moser 

Elders Harman and Moser 

 Office guys

Epic jump fail !!!

No comments: