Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

E-mail and Photos

Hola!  Yup, fall has definitely arrived down here - we actually had a little bit of rain for the first time!  It was nice walking around with an umbrella and stuff.  I think people are a little more receptive when we are standing out in the rain, haha.  Makes it nice!!  Those recording pics look pretty legit!  What are you working on Rosie?  Thanks for getting all of the stuff figured out Dad, for my BYU-I stuff.  I got on and looks like everything is good!  That is nice about the scholarship - sure does make things a little bit cheaper!!  Studying a little bit extra really does pay :)  I will try to figure out the classes that I need, and then I will probably have you register for me cause I am guessing I will not be able to come to a cyber that day to register!
     Like you guys, we just had our Stake Conference here this week too!  The talks were great but sadly, I guess the members kinda took it as a vacation.  Sure were not very many people there!  Us missionaries were half the crowd Saturday night in the adult session, haha.  Our stake is now the weakest stake in our mission.  So we've got lots of work to do.  This new program that we are doing definitely applies to us, we have a ton of menos activo that need some help!
     This week was really good working with our investigators.  We have 5 that are pretty solid now that should be able to get baptized here this month and next month if everything goes good.  We have Winston, Sylvia, Freddy, Armando (a Columbian) and Benedicto.  Benedicto still needs to stop smoking but he has been doing good, and progressing a lot!!  We also had changes this week.  Me and my comp were the only zone leaders in the mission that did not get changed this change, everyone else did, and in a lot of zones they took both of the zone leaders out.  So I guess there is a reason that we are still together.  We are both ready to work super hard though.  President told us that he could not take us apart yet, and we have lots of things to do together, so I guess we will find out what!  We have been working on improving his English a lot - he wants to go to BYU so we have been working hard on that too.
     This weekend is the weekend we are going to do the call!  We are gonna try to do it at 3:30 our time on Saturday if that is alright with you guys??  We just changed the time back a couple of weeks ago, but I am sure you can figure out what time it is, haha.  That is when it is best for my comp, but I figured it would work for you guys too right?  We can do it with everyone again for sure.  I forgot my e-mail address I used last time for the Google Hangout, so I will have to make a new one, but can you send me the e-mail address you guys are going to use and I will find you when I get on??
     Well I am looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!  We will talk more then! Have a great week!!

Elder Moser

We found a Star Wars wall.




We gave Patricio a white shirt, tie and sweater.

No comments: