Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, August 2, 2014

E-mail and photos

Hola!!  Well, those are some pretty sweet pictures again like always!!  And looks like you had a couple of good days up in Jackson getting everything figured out up there!  I hope that you guys had a great camping trip up there in Granite!! :)  Kind of a funny story about camping..  Well,  I have been wanting to go camping for a couple of weeks now.  Really been itching to go - I guess with all my buddies home writing me all about it, haha.  And well I guess I better be careful what I wish for!  Because turns out I am gonna be "camping" for the last four weeks of my mission, haha.  We got the call on Saturday night last week, and to our surprise we both had changes!  Thought that was pretty crazy to pull both the zone leaders out of a zone and out of the sector that was going along pretty good, but everything happens for a reason I guess.  I was kinda lost about where I would be going and stuff, and actually pretty sad about leaving the ward for the last couple weeks.  But President had a little surprise for us.  Monday in the change conference, President announced that me and Elder Caballero would be staying together and we would be the two new Traveling Assistants!  So I will be with him for half my mission!  I was a little nervous that first day, but it has actually turned out to be great!  Our responsibility is to travel the mission and fix problems, haha, fun stuff.  So we pretty much just live on divisions with the companionships that are having problems. President passed us a sleeping bag and a paper thin foam pad and said have fun!! haha.  So I really will be camping - gonna miss my mattress, that is for sure!  But it will get my back used to sleeping on the hard ground again so I will be ready!  We started out the week by taking all the go homers to the airport and meet the families of the ones that came to Chile to pick their kids up, and well I gotta say that was the trunkiest experience that I have had so far on the mission, haha.  And then the next day we spent the whole day training the new missionaries that just arrived in the mission from the MTC.  That was lots of fun - spent a lot of the day just getting to know them and stuff and we went out contacting with them so that was fun.  Definitely way more prepared than I was when I first got here!!  Then on Wednesday we spent the day in some training with President and went out to eat some nice American hamburgers at Johnny Rockets, so it has its advantages too, haha.  Then on Wednesday night we headed out to start up the divisions.  It was actually super good - I liked it a lot.  And Friday we went to a couple other companionships, so it has been a pretty interesting experience.  Elder Caballero and I do not have a sector to work in, so all the time we are not doing stuff with or for President we are out on divisions.  But I am liking it a lot - it has been really good being with the missionaries and helping them out!
   It was very sad leaving and saying goodbye to the ward and our investigators and everything.  I have not cried very many times here out on the mission but giving my testimony to say goodbye to the ward was definitely one of them.  Didn't realize how much I loved all the people there and stuff until I had to leave.  5 out of the 8 missionaries left the ward last Sunday, so there was not a dry eye in the church Sunday.  We had the highest attendance I have ever seen in that ward on Sunday so that was pretty cool to see - they are definitely starting to grow!!  I will try to send all of the pictures of saying goodbye to everyone and stuff!  Everyone was pretty surprised that we were both heading out!
   It has been pretty weird not worrying about our investigators and all the people we are teaching and stuff.  I felt really weird for the first couple of days, because for the last 6 months we have been so involved with all the people we are teaching and now we do not have a sector - just worrying about the missionaries, but I am getting used to it now, and having a great experience with it all!!  I have learned a bunch of stuff here in these last few days!
   Well I've got to get going.  I hope that everyone is doing great up there in the states!!  I love and miss you all!  Have a great week this week!!

Elder Moser


 Villar Family

 Patricia and kids

 The Ward Lawyers

 Elders Quorum President, Hector Cera and Sister Cera

 Meneses Family

Cerda Family (half the ward)

 Silvia - she made our suits!

 Hermana Acabedo

 Christian and Carla, part member family

 Martha Plaza and kids, part member family

 Flia Leiva!  part member family

Marco and Isabel, recent converts

 Lopez family

 Aguilef family - they lived in Utah for thirteen years.

 Sanchez family - our last lunch in ward.

 Christian !

 Hermana Espenoza

Jessica and kids.

No comments: