Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Sunday, August 17, 2014

E-mail

August 16, 2014

Hola!!  Those were some pretty cool pictures you sent of the moon and stuff.  Here in Chile on Monday night we had the same thing, but due to the smog it was super orange, pretty cool!  That night we had gone out with President to set a missionary apart in the district in Melipilla.  That was a pretty cool experience.  Never had seen a missionary being set apart other than my own and I had the opportunity to participate in the circle.  I felt weird knowing that the whole mission experience is coming to an end, and in a short time I would not have that same authority and power that a missionary has.  It also helped me realize just how important and special of a calling it is to be a missionary. Sure gonna miss this all alot. 
     I am excited for those fresh garden raspberries and cucumbers!  Sounding pretty good!  And about the Lost Creek Lake - I remember me and Kade had plans to go find it, but it never happened.  Hey, I hope you guys have some sweet hikes planned for the weekend after I get home cause I am ready! 
     This week was a pretty good week!  Turned out having to give a lot of capacitationes and classes and stuff to the mission so that was an interesting experience - never thought I would be the one giving those, haha.  But it was good, learned alot from it!  We had some meetings for some new missionaries and also we went to a few zone conferences and stuff.  Also had the chance to get out on some more divisions!  Just here in the city, but it was really good.  I have been really enjoying these divisions!  And as for transport, well, lots and lots of buses.  I have spent over 50 or 60 dollars on buses in these 3 weeks, haha, lots and lots of buses!  It is nice already knowing the mission from being pensionist!  Helps out a ton!  Yesterday I was able to be with a couple of Elders from Shelly, Idaho and Blackfoot, Idaho!  So that was fun getting to be with some Idaho boys!  The Elder From Shelley said he knows the Fowler family!  His name is Elder Cannon. 
     Other than that, things have been great!  Been super busy, so have not had too much time to get trunky yet, but this week we go to the temple and have going home classes and eat dinner with President and stuff, so I think it is gonna hit me this week :( But we will see how it goes! 
     I hope everyone is doing good!  I love and miss you all!!  Have a great week this week! :) 
It is the last week without me so enjoy it! :)

No comments: