Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, August 9, 2014

E-mail

Hola!  Wow, it looks like you guys had a great camping trip!  Hope that was a good birthday trip for you!  Looks like you guys had lots of fun!!  Wow and those raspberries really are looking good!  Make sure you save some for me for in a couple weeks!  You guys are gonna have to make those brownies and pancakes and Dutch oven again - that is for sure!! 
     A couple of days ago President sent us off to the coast and we got back during the day today so my p-day got cut a little short, so I don't have too much time to write today! But ya, I happened to be right in San Antonio when the earthquake happened, so I felt it for sure.  Then pretty sure I heard the tsunami warnings going off, but I think I thought it was just my dream so I just went back to sleep, haha.  But luckily nothing happened there!  But I did feel it pretty strong!  I was actually in the ward llo lleo here for the last couple of days, the same sector that I was in a year ago, so that was pretty cool!  The Elders were having some troubles working there, but we ended up having a great couple of days, so that was really cool.  It is awesome to see how happy we missionaries can be if we just get out and work as hard as we can!  It really does make all the difference!  It has been a great couple of weeks traveling around with some of the missionaries.  I have been learning a ton - change helps me progress a lot, that is for sure.  I started out the week in the center of Santiago and then went to Maipu for a few days and then headed out to the coast.  It has been fun getting to know all these new people, but it has been interesting.  I have learned to rely a ton on the spirit to help me in the lessons - way more than before cause I know nothing about any of the people we are teaching now.  I have really loved that part about it all - the Lord really does know what he is doing when it comes to the missionary work! 
     Well I had better get going - we need to go meet up with some other elders here in just a bit, but I hope everyone is doing great!  I am excited to see you in a couple of weeks!  Have a great week this week!

Elder Moser

No comments: