Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, December 22, 2012

E-mail and photos

December 17, 2012

Hola everyone!!  Well it was another great week in Chile!  Sorry this e-mail is gonna be kinda short cause I don't have a lot of time cause we went downtown today and that took quite a bit of time!  My comp had to buy some stuff to remember Chile!  But it was really fun and there should be some pictures.  There is this old castle thing in Santiago and we went and climbed up that and there is a pretty good view of everything from up there so that was pretty fun!  We went with a couple members of the ward and they were able to show us around everywhere, it was a really good day!  And we met some gringos up on top of the castle so that was fun to talk English to someone!  And they were Mormon, you always meet Mormons wherever you go!  Man, Santiago is such a huge city!  It is crazy how many people there are!  The houses and buildings just go on forever!  The members bought us a shoe shine in Santiago and that was a fun experience.  I think I liked the pictures better than the shoe shine itself!  But the guy did a super good job, he has been doing it for 35 years!!  And I took one picture of the kid from our ward that went with us and that juice that Chileans drink every day, that is a pretty good Chilean scene!  This week went by super fast.  We had some really good lessons and we are now teaching a flayte (Chilean gangster) and he is super cool, he is really interested in the gospel and I can definitely see him going somewhere with the gospel, so that will be fun to see what happens with him.  He really wants to change his life and stuff.  It is so awesome seeing how the gospel can change people for the better when they actually have a desire to change and allow it to change them.  It is kind of interesting, everybody we talk to says they would love to hear a message from God but hardly any of our contacts let us share anything with them.  It makes me wonder what it would take for them to actually listen to a message from God!  But contacting has been one of my favorite parts - it is really fun to go out and talk to all the people!!  One of the new initiatives of our mission is to do Noche de Cristos with the people here, and we read the Christmas story and share the new bible videos.  It has been a really good experience and I would encourage you all to watch the new bible videos of Christ!  They are super good!  It has been super fun doing all of those!  And about the suit dad, I will probably just buy one here that will probably be the easiest.  They really aren't that much, and don't worry about the money, they refunded a bunch of money from when I entered the country and had to pay on the church debit card, so I have plenty to buy a suit.  Well I hope that everything is going good for everyone!!  Have a great week!!
Elder Moser

Hey, I also got the highlighter!!!  Thanks a whole bunch for making that!!  I got it from the office on Tuesday, so I do not know which day it got to the office but it got there!  And I liked it tons!  Thanks!!  And I would just put Virgin Mary's on other packages - that is what seems to work the best!  I am not sure how well your missionary supplies sticker worked.  The postal workers don´t really speak English haha.. but the Virgin Mary works!  Thank you!!

I will send more pictures next week - I am out of time!! chao!







 

No comments: