Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, December 3, 2012

E-mail and photos


Hello!  It was another great hot week in Chile!!  Thanks for sending those e-mail addresses Dad! and the pictures also, I really enjoyed them.  And you asked if the wind bothered me?  I always forget to answer that question because there really is never wind!  It says it on the forecast but there never is!  Try getting the forecast for Maipu, Chile instead.  There might be a difference but I am not sure..  This computer does send pictures so I will try get some of those sent also!!  There is one of me holding an XL ass.  Man those sure are good!  That is definitely my favorite food here.. Also there should be a picture of our Thanksgiving Dinner with Elder Tukuafu and Elder Sivik -  the biggest and the skinniest Elders in the Mission, haha..  It cracks me up when they are by each other.  Another one is us with another "Better than the Book of Mormon" cake.  We found out members are a lot more likely to give us a referral if we give them some of the best cake in the world, share a message, and wash their car for them, haha.  So far that has been working out pretty good for us!!  Right now we are teaching a couple of spouses of members and that is going pretty good.  They can both see how the gospel has changed their family's lives but they both just have a few problems with the church.   But I am sure after they learn more and understand more they will also join the church.  They are both super nice to us and will do anything for us, and it has been really fun getting to know them more.  We had a pretty good investigator but somehow she got the answer that the Book of Mormon is not true, but she still wants to come to church and stuff so we will see how it goes with her!  It is really cool to see the people when we explain something to them and it just makes so much sense to them.  That's what I love about teaching the gospel to these people, you can just see the light coming into their eyes as you explain things to them, it is really neat for me to see!  All the simple truths in this gospel are just awesome.  A lot of people are just so confused about religion and then when they hear something from us, it is almost hard to believe because it is not confusing for them!  It has been really good teaching the people here!!

Back this summer when me and Kade wanted something to do we would just say "let's go climb a mountain" and we would find a good mountain or something to climb, and well I was missing hiking in the mountains a little bit so the other day I told my comp "hey lets go climb a mountain on p-day."  So this morning we got up at 5 and decided to go climb a mountain!  It turned into quite the adventure!  We were going to catch a bus to the base of the hill mountain thing but buses don't go that early so we just decided to run, and that turned out to be about a five mile run or so, then we jogged around the base of a mountain till we found a bridge.  We kind of got lost on the way so we missed the sunrise but still got a great view, then we found the bridge and climbed to the top and then ran all the way back to the apartment.  So all in all we ran about 12 miles and climbed up a mountain.  Let's just say my legs are a little tired now, haha.. but it was really fun and we had a pretty decent view of Santiago.  It was a little smoggy so the pictures did not turn out great, but we had a pretty good view.  The mountain we climbed is to the right in the background of the one picture of me just standing there in my white shirt and tie. This week I was able to be on changes with two different Latinos on two different days!  It was a really good experience, but it would be hard to be companions with one for a long time right now, haha..  My comp leaves the day after Christmas so I will see then if I will be with one or not!  I made it through my first change as a missionary here in Chile!  The changes were today, but most people in my zone are staying here for a while longer!  President said that he is going to start leaving missionaries in one place a lot longer with the same companion, so that should be good!  I will probably be here for quite a while which is ok with me!  On Sunday we had an awesome meal, the picture of me standing by the grill with all the meat, it was pretty stinkin good!!  One of my favorites here!  There is also a couple pictures from the top of the hill and some of the orchards in the campo of Chile or the country of Chile I guess you would call it.  It is really pretty when you get out of the city!  Well I hope everyone has a great week!  And I hope you are doing alright grandpa!!
Elder Moser

Dad, so in the winter we wear our suits everyday.. and I know you told me to and I didn't but another pair of pants would really be great with my coat.  Would it be possible to get another pair from missionary mall?  Can you check into that?  That would be great.. at least one. .. and for Christmas, jerky would be great!!  That is really all I can think of! Thanks for everything!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 








No comments: