Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, December 24, 2012

E-mail and photos


Hola!!  This week was a great super fast week!!  We had a big meeting with half of the mission for our Christmas thing and that was really good.  Each zone did a skit thing and sang a song and then we did a white elephant gift thing and ate, and President talked to us.  President King is an awesome and super nice guy.  I have learned tons from him since I have been here.  And then I had a meeting for new missionaries and that was really good - it was pretty much 6 hours of listening to President and it was awesome!  I learned a ton!  This week we also did a big car wash with the Priesthood and Young Men to help raise money for an EFY they are having here and that was lots of fun and they made quite a bit of money off of that.  It was great to help them out with that.  And then last night the Priesthood went around caroling to some families and that was a great experience.  Normally not very many people come to ward activities, but the last couple have been really good and had really good attendance and it was cool to see how much the ward was strengthened just by caroling at a few houses.  I thought that was awesome to see.  And today for p-day we did a big service project for some families that live along the railroad tracks.  Their houses are seriously smaller than our brown shed in our yard and had a lot more holes.  We made a bunch of turkeys and collected a bunch of presents and wrapped them and brought them around to some of the families.  They were sooooo happy to have some good food and presents for their kids.  I haven't seen someone look so happy in a long time!  It was a great experience.  I have some pictures I wanted to send of it, but it seems like only about a quarter of the computers send pictures here and today I did not get lucky enough!  Hopefully next week.  This week we had some pretty hard core rain - I think it was Wednesday and the streets pretty much turned into rivers!  It was a lot of fun.  I have never seen so much rain in one day before!  It was pouring literally all day long - got me excited for the winters here!  It is still super crazy it is Christmas eve today - does not feel like it at all!  Here in Chile they have their bigger dinner on Christmas eve and open all of their presents at midnight and then just pretty much sleep all day Christmas day.  So for dinner tonight we are going to one of the counselors in the bishopric's house for dinner and he is inviting a bunch of widows and inactives and stuff and we are gonna have a big thing so that should be lots of fun and a great teaching experience. This week we found a guy who is super ready for the gospel.  It was awesome to talk to him.  He said that he had been looking for the truth for years and that he knew that is why we were at his house.  We have had a couple great lessons with him and it is going great.  It is fun to see how excited he is about it!  Well my companion is heading off for California on Wednesday morning, so I will see who I get to spend the next couple of changes with, probably a Latin!  It will be way good for my Spanish!!  And for Skyping on Wednesday, I hope 2 in the afternoon is ok for you, I really don´t know how it is gonna work cause I don't have your Skype name or anything ......... send me an email with your Skype name before Wednesday so I can find it when I make a Skype account!  Anyways, have a great Christmas everyone!!!

Elder Moser




No comments: