Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, December 10, 2012

E-mail


Hello everyone!  It was another great and super hot week in Chile!  We supposedly had the hottest day of the year two days ago and it was definitely pretty stinkin hot!!  Looks like the Souths had a fun time with Danielles birthday!  People here are starting to decorate for Christmas here and I keep having to remind myself it is ok to put Santa Clause out when it is 90 degrees.  It just seems too weird for me!  Man that is awesome about Talon Stephens coming to the best mission!!  It will be good to have someone from my ward out here with me!  I am sure he will love it just as much as I am loving it! Thanks for sending the weather forecast again Dad.  Looks like it is gonna be another great week in Chile and cold week in Wyoming!  This week we had a couple really good lessons with some people especially with a part-member family who is waiting for a divorce to come through.  It is awesome to see the change that has come into their family as they have started to come to church.  They can see a huge change in their lives and are becoming very grateful for the gospel.  The gospel really does bless our lives so much and I think that I take it for granted sometimes but this made me really think about how awesome it is and how much better it makes my life!  And about the package system here, well I have heard it taking up to three months for some and for others like 20 days.  I still haven't gotten the packages yet but we did not get mail last week either because of changes.  But we will see tomorrow what comes, and I will tell you next week.  And you should definitely not just eat the jerky and send a picture!  I think I want to eat it this time!!  Just the address that President sent in the e-mail should be fine!  They recently changed it to the one he sent.  And about the suits.  I am not quite sure what to do about that... I could buy one for 30000 pesos or 60 bucks American which is a really good price so that might be the best option with how much shipping is.  So just tell me what you think about that.  And I am getting the "Dear Elders" from Mom every week!!  Thanks Mom!!  And don´t worry about the running around in the dark.  I got a pretty gnarly ingrown toenail that got infected.  It is fun enough to walk let alone run haha.... So I won't be doing too much running anytime soon!  Sorry I don't have any new pictures this week!  Next week my companion got permission to go to Santiago central so that should be pretty sweet and I will have to take some pictures of that.  I am pretty excited to head over there!  Should be lots of fun!  Well nothing else too exciting happened this week!  But I hope everyone has a great week!!  Thanks for the emails!

Elder Moser

No comments: