Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, April 8, 2013

E-mail and Photos


Hola!!  Well it was a super nice week here in Chile!!  It has finally cooled down and the weather was perfect this week, nice and cool at nights and perfect during the day.  I am getting excited to see all the grape leaves change colors, I have heard it is pretty sweet! This weekend was awesome, we were able to watch conference in English in the High Council room at the stake center so we were able to watch all five sessions.  General Conference out here is like Christmas, but way better!!  Definitely have gotten a lot more out of the last two conferences than I ever have the rest of them combined in my life!  Makes a difference to take notes, haha..  So that was a great topper onto a nice week.  We are still teaching Jose Luis a lot and he is pretty excited to get baptized.  That should happen in the beginning of May.  He really wants his parents to quit smoking and get married so that they can join him , so we have been working with them a lot too, but I think it might be a little while!!  We have been focusing a lot on helping the members here be more self-sufficient in the branch.  I think if the missionaries left right now that the branch would just fall apart.  We have been working with the leaders a lot and trying to get them to use the manuals and stuff from the church.  It was kinda funny when the branch president opened the manual for the first time in a few years and said ohhhh, maybe I should read this every now and then!  It has been quite the few weeks here haha.  The people are really great though and they really are trying to do good, they just don't quite know how, so we are helping them a lot with that right now.  This week I did have one terrible experience though... one night me and my comp were really hungry so we went to get a completo, but the place was out and all they had was a sandwich called sandwich potito.  Poto means behind and ito means little, so we just figured it was the rump roast of a little pig or something, so we got it and took it home and I started eating it in the dark without looking at it, and when I took the last bite my comp came in and turned on the light and when I saw the leftover meat that was on my wrapper I knew I had made a big mistake.  Then my comp saw it and burst out laughing, and he said that he remembered what sandwich potito is, and I kinda figured when I saw it, it is not the rump roast of a pig.  It isn't literally little behind, but little part of the behind, that is up in there a little bit.  Yes I ate a sandwich of pig anus literally cut up anus of a bunch of pigs, kinda like intestines, but a little bit worse, or a lot a bit worse!!!!!!!  Anyways I burst out the back door and threw everything up that I had eaten that day and I think the couple days before too, and continued to throw up until the next day haha..  I think it was just a mental thing, I never have been one with the strongest stomach in the world!! and just to confirm we went and asked the guy the next day and he said that some people make it out of intestines but he just uses the anus :)  what a sandwich!!  learned from that experience for sure!!!  It really wasn't that bad though just the texture and the thought is all!! but anyway!  I hope everyone has a great week!!!
Elder Moser

Sweet Chilian Knife 

 Catholic horse parade, looked kinda like the kkk to me!!!

No comments: