Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, April 15, 2013

E-mail


Hola!!  Well it was a another pretty good week this week!  My companion was pretty sick a lot of the week so I spent a lot of time just studying and catching up in my journal a little bit, and I realized I am terrible at journal writing!  I definitely need to start being better at that like you said Dad!  Nothing too crazy happened this week.  I was a lot more careful with what I ate and made sure it was only the good part of the animals I was eating this week.  Yesterday we taught a lesson to Luis.  He is the guy that came to our English class.  He is really great but just doesn't see the need to change anything cause he is happy and his family is happy he says, so why change anything??  So we are just gonna try to keep getting him to read the Book of Mormon and explain the lessons a little better.  I think after a little time he will kinda get what we are bringing him - the Book of Mormon is gonna help a lot on this one for sure. This week I was able to go on divisions with a kid named Elder Salisbury and this is his first change on the mission so it was fun being the senior comp.  I really think that when I am with a older comp I don't use my Spanish and teaching skills as fully as I could and I really surprise myself when I am leading out and stuff, so I want to work on using the skills that I have a lot better.  I am kinda living below my potential right now with my comp. That was something that really stuck out to me in conference last week was to live to your potential and don't just fall back cause it is easy.  I think if I really start using what I have, I will be able to grow a lot faster and be a lot more ready for when I do have to be with the younger comp all the time, and with all the new missionaries coming in I think it will be pretty soon!  And thanks for the advice with the manuals dad.  I think it would help this branch out so much if they would use them!!  We kind of realized we just have to start at the basics of the gospel with a lot of these people here, they really don't understand just some of the simple stuff a lot of the time, and I think life would be a lot easier for them if they could understand the simple stuff a little more.  President King told me and my comp to save the members here cause they are at the point of needing to be saved or else they are just gonna fall, so we have really put most of our time into working with the members here.  It is kinda hard to do that cause everyone focuses on numbers so much here in the missions, and lessons to active members don't count for nothing but we kinda realized finally to just forget about trying to get the best numbers and really help the members here.  But I've got to head out, everything is going great!  Loving it here!
Elder Moser

No comments: