Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Monday, April 22, 2013

E-mail


Thanks for the weather forecast Dad!  Looks like it is gonna be an awesome week here in the Islita!!!  My letter is gonna have to be a little bit shorter cause we had a big going away party for the Elders that are leaving tomorrow from our zone.  There is a Mexican that lives with me that is leaving which was pretty sad.  I have become pretty good friends with him - he was an awesome kid.  I will be staying with Elder Brow here in La Islita for at least another 6 weeks and I am pretty excited for that.  We have been doing some great work together and I think we are really gonna dominate it this week.  Looks like Sarah had a great trip to Hawaii this past week, and I kinda forgot to say it last week, but Happy Birthday Sarah!!!!!  Looks like it was a good one!! :)  And nice bowl Dad.  You are getting pretty darn good!  I have been looking for some different types of wood I can send a little piece home so you can make me a pen.  Look into Kiwi and Grape wood and see if they are any good!!  The people are pretty impressed with your bullet pen.  I kinda dropped it when I was having a race with some of our investigators.... so I think I am gonna need you to make another pen for me!  Just one out of wood would be great ;)  And Mom we are teaching English classes and we have an English question that we just can't quit figure.  We are both a little on the redneck side and our English aint to darn great.  Would I say "I would have drinken", or "I would have drank" or "I would have drunk"?????  haha  We really don't know the answer to that question!  English grammar just starts to get messed up in our heads!!
I was sad to hear about Megans baby.  This past week that happened to two of our investigators also, and it was a great lesson for me that things happen for a reason and God is in control and even though things just don't seem right at the moment, it is what was supposed to happen in the long run, and might never make sense to us, but everything make sense to God!  Just have to trust him in what he knows is best.  They both have been a lot more interested this week and it has been a sad experience with them, but also a great teaching experience.
Everything else is going pretty good.  Our other missionaries in our branch had a baptism this week and it was really special - first one in the sector for over a year and a half, kinda slow here!!!
I hope everyone is doing great!  I love and miss you all!
Elder Moser

No comments: