Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, November 2, 2013

E-mail and letter from President

Hola!  Wow, the weather is looking pretty good for this week!  It has been starting to get pretty warm here.  Makes me want to get outside out of the office some more!  This next change we are only going up 2 missionaries, so it looks like we are gonna be able to get out and teach some lessons finally!  Should be pretty good!  I think I have forgotten how a little bit!  Hopefully I will be able to learn how pretty quick again!
   Hey thanks for sending the package Dad.  I will be sure to let you know when it gets here.  And man, chocolate sounds like pretty good packing material to me!  I've got no problem with that!  Speaking of packages, this week I should be sending something home for you and Mom for Christmas,  so let me know when that gets there.  I think you'll like it.  Chileans can do some stuff pretty good!!  You will see what I mean when you get it.  Hadn't seen anything very similar to it before, and I might end up having to get me some too!  Just hope I can get it out of the country!  All of the government offices have been having a ton of strikes down here lately.  The place where we get our visas and stuff and the post office was shut down for a long time, so it was pretty tough for us missionaries, and some people almost had to go home early because of it.  And now everyone else in Chile is starting to go on strikes, and even the store where I buy all my housing supplies shut down for a while.  Just kinda like a chain reaction I guess! 
   Well everything is going pretty good here!  Nothing too crazy happened this week, just kinda the same old office life, haha.  We did find a juicer in our pension so we went to the street market and bought a ton of carrots and apples and lemons and we have been juicing every morning for breakfast!  Thought Mom would be pretty proud of me for that one, haha.  Here you can buy a kilo or a little over two pounds of apples for about 80 cents, and carrots are like 60 cents a kilo and lemons you can buy for 150 pesos a kilo, or about 30 cents.  Pretty cheap stuff!  So that makes it nice to do the whole juicing thing.  Definitely makes me feel better throughout the day.  It is pretty funny how cheap some of the fruit can be but then any other food here is at least double than what it is in the states.  A hamburger at McDonalds is 8-10 bucks for a combo.  And milk is about 6 bucks a gallon and stuff like that.  Crazy how people can pay that much for food.  The minimum wage here is less than a buck an hour.  Not sure how people do it, guess that is why people are never home, just constantly working!  Sure are blessed to live where we do I guess!
   It looks like everyone had a pretty good Halloween this year!  Pretty sweet costumes!  I forgot it was Halloween till we went out that night and everybody was dressed up funny.  I was kinda weirded out for a minute before I realized what day it was, haha. Sure do miss the pumpkin seeds though!
Well we got to get going, but I hope you all have a pretty good week this week!  I love and miss you all!

Elder Moser





No comments: