Elder Jared Moser has been called to serve in the Chile Santiago West Mission of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He entered the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah on August 22, 2012.

We will use this blog to post his e-mails, letters, and photos from his mission, to record them for him and to share with his family and friends.

Feel free to make comments, but he will not have internet access and will not see the comments until he returns home.

For readability, some spelling, punctuation, and capitalization have been standardized.

Mailing Address

MAILING ADDRESS


Elder Jared H. Moser
Mission Chile Santiago Oeste
Casilla de Correos 149
Pajaritos 1921
Maipu, Chile

Saturday, November 16, 2013

E-mail

Hola!  Well Dad, those were some pretty sweet pictures you had from California!  Got a little jealous about the Mustang though, haha.  Looks like way too much fun!!  And those are some pretty pictures of the coast.  It is crazy how much some of the coast looks like Chile!  Looks like you guys just drove down the coast of Chile!  But the boats in the harbor are waaay nicer than the ones here, haha.  I am glad that you guys were able to have a good trip though - looked like a lot of fun!  This week has probably been one of the coolest weeks of my mission!  Some pretty cool stuff happened.  It started on Sunday when we had the Area President come to a Stake Conference with the Temple President here in Maipu.  Elder Harman and I were in charge of welcoming him in and walking him in so that was pretty cool.  He is a super good speaker, and I learned a lot from him.  Then two days later on Tuesday we attended a 4-mission Mission Conference with guest speaker Elder Jeffery R Holland!  That was pretty sweet!  He mainly talked  about how missionaries need to stay strong after the mission and if we don't, the whole two years was a waste.  He used a pretty sweet scripture that I had never seen used like this before. He said everything pretty straight forward, and he talked about the scripture in Joseph Smith History where it says "they draw near to him with their lips but their hearts are far from him" and he said this was first said for people in the time of Joseph Smith when all the churches were preaching different stuff, but then he also refers to many things, and one of them is the missionaries in our time.  He said for two years young men draw near to him with their lips and they say what they need to say, but really their hearts are far from him, and they never do become converted, and fall away and become a burden to the Church.  It was a very powerful talk.  Every missionary in the place had their eyes wide open, that is for sure - pretty cool experience!  It was held in a chapel over on the east side of the city and there were over 900 missionaries there!  It was a great talk.  That was the first time I have seen him live I think and man he talks with a lot of power.  It is a pretty cool feeling with that many missionaries in the room and with the spirit so strong and stuff.  Definitely an experience I will never forget!  I was able to see my old roommate, Daniel Gleave, there too - he is over in the east mission so that was pretty sweet to see him.  So that was a pretty good start to the week, then we just had some really interesting things happen later on in the week.  My testimony grew a ton of the power of the Priesthood and that it really is a real thing.  I wanted to write a letter about the experience I had, but I would feel kinda weird writing an e-mail about it, so you should get that there in a few weeks. 
     Wow, I thought the pictures of Cayden were pretty crazy!  That kid is growing up!  He looks bigger and bigger every time you send a picture - he is gonna be able to beat me up when I get back!  Payback for all the picking on him I did, haha.  I better watch out!
     Today one of the senior couples invited us to go eat with them so we are pretty excited for that!  She said that we are gonna eat funeral potatoes and pulled pork sandwiches with carrot cake for dessert!  Sounds pretty good to me!!  Hope it tastes like the real stuff!!! :)  But they just called and said that they are waiting for us, so it looks like we've got to get goin!  But I hope everyone is doing great!!  I love and miss you all! Have a great week this week!!

Elder Moser

No comments: